which sub(s) for my home theater

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif I was just about to mention using sonotubes. Thanks, *******. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
I can see by this statement it's important for you to be right and to have the last word so after this I won't address you any further.

I just realized it's not the thread that's hilarious, it's you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif I laugh in your general direction telling me about "the mechanics of what it takes" considering most of my income is from building two channel home audio systems. I don't mean I buy things and set them up in someone's home. I mean I consult with individuals to find out what their goals are and I hand select drivers, design and build enclosures and filters. In addition, I specialize in building transmission line enclosures that enable one to use small drivers to go very deep while remaining very dynamic and musical. I can make a 5" driver play flat to 30hz easy. Making an 8" driver play into the teens with full power handling is not that difficult. Once you've built a few dozen highly specialized two channel music systems for very demanding customers, home theater is literally a joke. It's so easy in comparison.

There are 8" drivers out there with an Fs lower than 35, lol. I can and have used two 8" drivers and get performance very close to that of a single 15". Using four, I can guarantee better performance, in less than 6 cubes total I should add. The best part is, you can use those four 8s to compliment your musical system. That's something you just can't do with a Titanic 15". Try as you might, it will not "disappear" sonically. I've played with that driver too, I know.

It is for this reason I suggested the 15" in my earlier post, since it's out of his budget to get the caliber of 8" that could outperform a 15". By choosing the HF over the Titanic you'd give up a couple of dB worth of headroom or output (whichever you value more) to gain a far lower distortion figure and a lower inductance which will lend itself to being used for music the 25% of the time mobeious has stated.

Thanks for the laughs PV.

I can see by this statement it's important for you to be right and to have the last word so after this I won't address you any further.
I just realized it's not the thread that's hilarious, it's you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif I laugh in your general direction telling me about "the mechanics of what it takes" considering most of my income is from building two channel home audio systems. I don't mean I buy things and set them up in someone's home. I mean I consult with individuals to find out what their goals are and I hand select drivers, design and build enclosures and filters. In addition, I specialize in building transmission line enclosures that enable one to use small drivers to go very deep while remaining very dynamic and musical. I can make a 5" driver play flat to 30hz easy. Making an 8" driver play into the teens with full power handling is not that difficult. Once you've built a few dozen highly specialized two channel music systems for very demanding customers, home theater is literally a joke. It's so easy in comparison.

There are 8" drivers out there with an Fs lower than 35, lol. I can and have used two 8" drivers and get performance very close to that of a single 15". Using four, I can guarantee better performance, in less than 6 cubes total I should add. The best part is, you can use those four 8s to compliment your musical system. That's something you just can't do with a Titanic 15". Try as you might, it will not "disappear" sonically. I've played with that driver too, I know.

It is for this reason I suggested the 15" in my earlier post, since it's out of his budget to get the caliber of 8" that could outperform a 15". By choosing the HF over the Titanic you'd give up a couple of dB worth of headroom or output (whichever you value more) to gain a far lower distortion figure and a lower inductance which will lend itself to being used for music the 25% of the time mobeious has stated.

Thanks for the laughs PV.
Oh **** guys, we're dealing with a "professional" here, watch out! He can build T-ine enclosures for small drivers, you know he's legit. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

In case you need that simplified, let me put it to you simply: no one cares how much experience you have, how many speakers you have designed, how loud of an enclosure you can build, and how often you want to stroke your ego posting half pages of self-esteem banter on a message board to mostly high-school and college students. I'm glad I made you laugh because I frankly couldn't care less about you nor your accomplishments since you're some guy on the internet who felt it necessary to justify himself.

In case you need that simplified, let me put it to you simply: no one cares how much experience you have, how many speakers you have designed, how loud of an enclosure you can build, and how often you want to stroke your ego posting half pages of self-esteem banter on a message board to mostly high-school and college students. I'm glad I made you laugh because I frankly couldn't care less about you nor your accomplishments since you're some guy on the internet who felt it necessary to justify himself.
So if none of that matters, why is your opinion on the matter any more valid or correct than his?

I'd vouch for Cianzo's knowledge and experience any day PV.
I have neither gotten upset nor did I make this thread. If you take someone's post on the internet as a personal attack, especially when that attack was in no way intended to be personally offensive, how exactly do you expect me to take you seriously?

So if none of that matters, why is your opinion on the matter any more valid or correct than his?
Please, terra, find me any post where I said mine is more valid or correct? Me disagreeing with someone then them getting offended isn't me saying I'm right. Actually you know what, don't even bother since I don't take this place seriously anymore and know I can't respond in a serious manner.

Mobes, I apologize for somehow cluster****ing your thread without even trying to //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Please, terra, find me any post where I said mine is more valid or correct? Me disagreeing with someone then them getting offended isn't me saying I'm right. Actually you know what, don't even bother since I don't take this place seriously anymore and know I can't respond in a serious manner.
I'm not saying you said yours is valid. But you listed a whole bunch of reasons why his opinion isn't valid on the internet. All those reasons make your opinion equally invalid. As it does mine. I'm not saying you're offended or angry. Just stating my meaningless, invalid opinion too.

Back to helping this dude, there is an incredible custom built HT driver for sale on CACO.

I'm not saying you said yours is valid. But you listed a whole bunch of reasons why his opinion isn't valid on the internet. All those reasons make your opinion equally invalid. As it does mine. I'm not saying you're offended or angry. Just stating my meaningless, invalid opinion too.
Back to helping this dude, there is an incredible custom built HT driver for sale on CACO.
What I stated is this: if you post your opinion, and someone disagrees with it, and then your first course of action is to list out 4000 words on how you're somehow better than everyone else, I can not take you seriously. Instead, if whoever that was disagreed and said "i think you're wrong, i've done x y and z and know this to be true", then fine, I have no problem with that. ****, I'd end up learning something. Instead, the guy managed to pull out of my 1 sentence post that it was necessary to prove to the people in here that he knows more than everyone and disagreeing isn't okay. Who ****ing cares?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif
If nothing else, PV Audio is always good for some drama //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

PV, relax. It's the internet and you're merely doing the same thing he did.

For OP, I'd say 1 15" would be easier unless you know enough on HT to design/implement better usage of smaller drivers.

I have 1 12" sub for my HT, Shiva-X and it is really a low end monster in the box I have for it - 4.6 net to 16 hz.

And side note PV, I hope for comparison between the titanic and HF you weren't using the same exact box. You'd need one designed for each sub to get the optimum performance than dropping them in the same box and expecting to be able to do an objective comparison.

well after doing some measureing i think a ported 12 will suit just fine so its between a Exodus shiva X or ED E5 12

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.