Which speaker for high volume and high quality?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ianik777

CarAudio.com Regular
Mauritius
am planning to add 2 or 4 speaker in my trunk and wondering what speaker to add for loud crowd pleasing performance with very good quality. all my system is pioneer but some are saying that hertz will do the job. kindly advise what speaker will give me high output with really good quality. Note that here in mauritius, we have pioneer, hertz, SP audio ,Deaf bonce, Infinity/JBL, kicker.

but some are saying that hertz will do the job.
Hertz is a good options (there owned by the same company that owns audison). Most of there speakers are in the 91-94db sensivity range which is solid for a name brand company and they are known for good build quality and solid SQ.

Mauritius is very rare/unique, very surprised even online to see someone from there

no many dealer here in mauritius and not used so much by those going for car show. pioneer and hertz are the 2 which i want to go with but want to know which one is better.

If you’re going for loud crowd pleasing then go with the Pioneer TSM800’s. Been using them for a while. I live in Hawaii and we share the same kind of style as Brazil etc. We like loud for BBQs at the beach etc. And they sound damn good too.

If you’re going for loud crowd pleasing then go with the Pioneer TSM800’s. Been using them for a while. I live in Hawaii and we share the same kind of style as Brazil etc. We like loud for BBQs at the beach etc. And they sound damn good too.
thought about it, i.e 2 M800 midbass(180watt rms) and 2 6900 (100 watt). but are they better than hertz. those who have compared both can provide a concrete review on that.

thought about it, i.e 2 M800 midbass(180watt rms) and 2 6900 (100 watt). but are they better than hertz. those who have compared both can provide a concrete review on that.
Unless you’re running a DSP I can guarantee you you’ll barely hear a difference. AND the Pioneers already have a solid SQ to them. If you put 1200 on the 800s as opposed to the hertz idc what anyone says the Pioneers WILL be louder.

You won’t find much people who’ve used the Pioneer Pro Mids. Most people who do are from Hawaii, Brazil, Mexico, Etc. Barely see anyone in the states running them compared to other places.
and the 6.5” version of the 800s aren’t as punchy and sure as hell don’t compare in terms of how loud they get.

Unless you’re running a DSP I can guarantee you you’ll barely hear a difference. AND the Pioneers already have a solid SQ to them. If you put 1200 on the 800s as opposed to the hertz idc what anyone says the Pioneers WILL be louder.
ok. for the 2 midbass M800 that done. think will go with them. but what about the 2 other which will accompany them? thinking about the 6900 pro and the 6975 v3 champion series. initially, most were using the 6900 but now more and more are using the 6975v3 even though the former claim to be louder. find attached image regarding their comparison. kindly provide your views on which one to pick.

Attachments

• 6900 pro VS 6975v3.jpg
    6900 pro VS 6975v3.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 120
You won’t find much people who’ve used the Pioneer Pro Mids. Most people who do are from Hawaii, Brazil, Mexico, Etc. Barely see anyone in the states running them compared to other places.
and the 6.5” version of the 800s aren’t as punchy and sure as hell don’t compare in terms of how loud they get.
so , what do you suggest if M800 is not that punchy?
PS: here in mauritius, we have hertz, infinity/JBL, kicker, pioneer.

so , what do you suggest if M800 is not that punchy?
PS: here in mauritius, we have hertz, infinity/JBL, kicker, pioneer.
Here in Hawaii a lot of people run the M800’s & 6900’s. They both sound good. I’m very confident you will be content with them as long as you power them enough. I can’t speak for the 6975s as I’ve never seen anyone run it down here personally. I can only vouch for the 6900 and M800.
Also, I said the 650(6.5” version of the 800) isn’t as punchy compared to the 800. The M800 has a pretty damn good mid bass thump to it. I just bought 6 pairs of the M800’s again for another set up 😎

Here in Hawaii a lot of people run the M800’s & 6900’s. They both sound good. I’m very confident you will be content with them as long as you power them enough. I can’t speak for the 6975s as I’ve never seen anyone run it down here personally. I can only vouch for the 6900 and M800.
Also, I said the 650(6.5” version of the 800) isn’t as punchy compared to the 800. The M800 has a pretty damn good mid bass thump to it. I just bought 6 pairs of the M800’s again for another set up 😎
oh, but do we really need Midbass when we have subwoofer for the bass? will we see a difference between the midbass and the bass from the sub?

also, which amp to add to power all those M800 and 6900. knowing that most pioneer amp power up to 130 watt RMS but the M800 is around 180 watt RMS.

oh, but do we really need Midbass when we have subwoofer for the bass? will we see a difference between the midbass and the bass from the sub?

also, which amp to add to power all those M800 and 6900. knowing that most pioneer amp power up to 130 watt RMS but the M800 is around 180 watt RMS.
It’s all personal preference. If I just wanted midrange I’d probably just run an all crescendo UN set up. To me, without the mid bass set ups sound kinda flat and dull.
As for powering them, it depends how much you’re running. I did 8 - M800’s in my last set up with 1 Taramps 2000x4, it was crazy loud lol like sometimes I would feel kinda tired after listening with my windows up. But ideally I would have liked to have 2 - 2000x4 amps for 8 of them. But that’s just me.
At least give them 150-200w each.

I finally went with 4 deaf bonce Arnold M61Ae accompanied by 2 pioneer B350 pro tweeters. can they that when listening to those, i have ear, teeth and head ache for 1 week. They are verrrryyy loud and clear. those 2 pioneer tweeters are too much. will disconnect 1of them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...