Which box design for my HDC315?

Thanks to everyone, and the entire install is going be getting done this Sunday thanks to Dre who will be guiding/helping me thru, so I should have some opinions of what I think then:D.

But thanks again everyone....

You're not going to be happy with this box. Like when your parents tell you not to do crack, but you do it any ways and 3 months later you're a fien and you live on the street selling yourself to 75 year old business men so you can supply your addiction instead of buying food. End truth/
Except for this as$

Thanks to everyone, and the entire install is going be getting done this Sunday thanks to Dre who will be guiding/helping me thru, so I should have some opinions of what I think then:D.
But thanks again everyone....

Except for this as$
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Let us know how it goes. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

stfu. dont tell him what will sound good or bad in HIS car unless you drive the identical(down to the contents) car.if ur going to try and sit there and tell me that in MY 2000 EXPLORER, 38hz sounds better TO ME than a 34hz tune? absolutely not. drive a 2000 explorer with the identical layout and then formulate an opinion. i dont care what sub it is, and with all due respect to DJL i wouldnt ever tune my box above 35hz for daily driving. I understand that 38-40hz is what he's recommending but i believe it depends on what the user is looking for. then again i had my MJ-18" tuned at 30hz..
That statement wasnt directed towards you so I'm not sure why you've gotten your panties in a bunch. I understand that you didnt like the recommended tuning, which in this case, you drive a completely different vehicle than he does. His is a trunk car as opposed to your SUV. I'm telling him that the owner of the subs clearly has tested these subs in a variety of applications an I'm sure a trunk car is one of them with great results. If the owner hadnt tuned in and recommended it personally then I doubt I would've said a word... But when you ask for advice, and the person who makes the product tells you how it works, sometimes you listen. Pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks DJ knows what he's talking about.

Let us know how it goes. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
thanks man

WOuld have had you build it but I have a realy good deal on someone helping me out @ here....and shipping would be a b!tch

That statement wasnt directed towards you so I'm not sure why you've gotten your panties in a bunch. I understand that you didnt like the recommended tuning, which in this case, you drive a completely different vehicle than he does. His is a trunk car as opposed to your SUV. I'm telling him that the owner of the subs clearly has tested these subs in a variety of applications an I'm sure a trunk car is one of them with great results. If the owner hadnt tuned in and recommended it personally then I doubt I would've said a word... But when you ask for advice, and the person who makes the product tells you how it works, sometimes you listen. Pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks DJ knows what he's talking about.
ill be the first to say that djl obviously knows what hes talking about. what im also saying was that you cant say he will or wont be happy with a certain box unless were talking extremes. you dont know his music taste or bass preferences. most of the people in this thread have recommended different box sizes and tuning frequencies. you however just blatantly told him his wasnt right and he wouldnt be happy with it. that's a huge generalization. also i wasnt comparing my car to his. i was simply using it as an example of the fact that DJL's recommendations are a general guideline, a 38-40hz tune isnt a mandatory rule and will differ from car to car and setup to setup. it's all in the ear of the listener. im not arguing about djl im simply irritated that you would just flat out say he wouldnt like the box recommended to him by several hdc315 owners simply because it wasnt in the recommended tuning range.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.