Which approach should I take?

Participant count
  • Participant list

shredder2

CarAudio.com VIP
Az
I'm about to acquire a pair of Zv3 15's dual 1

I want to stay with the single 250A Ces I recently upgraded to along with the under hood H6 Agm, I know whichever way I go I'm looking at adding some extra Agms to my battery reserve.

I either will purchase a Korean 5K and have it loaded at 1 ohm

A pair of BS 2.1 and run them at .5 each

Or should i consider something like a Taramps MD 8k, and if I go this route is the Premier worth the extra cost?

I'm not a big demo guy, like it loud for sure but will only really open it up occasionally for a taste or to burp it.

I'm looking for opinions on what route will require the least investment in extra batteries etc.   

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO a Brazilian would be less of a strain and the 8k would give you headroom to dial it back. Impedance rise from the music will keep the current draw in check until you push it with a burp that is usually recorded at a higher level than music. 

Md 8000 is priced low af too.... realistically how much battery should I get?

I'll have perfect room in back for a SMS 220, does anyone think that'll meet my needs?

250A Ces, H6 agm and Agm SMS220 in back?.. I'm not a demo guy, but will occasionally push it a bit.

For the price of the SMS220 I would take 2 Duracell group 31 AGMs but that's just me. 
I like the shape/size of the SMS 220... it'll make life easier getting the airspace/configuration I want, I just hope it'll suffice.

For me, that will justify the price alone... screw-it... I'll pay 

Now to see if the Zv3 sale actually happens... possibly tonight or tomorrow I'll know for sure

I like the shape/size of the SMS 220... it'll make life easier getting the airspace/configuration I want, I just hope it'll suffice.

For me, that will justify the price alone... screw-it... I'll pay 

Now to see if the Zv3 sale actually happens... possibly tonight or tomorrow I'll know for sure
Did you end up getting the ZV3s?

That only leaves room for 2 better 15s...
I'm kinda anticipating being placated for at least a month once the BL-18 arrives... Idk... maybe just grab a MD 5000 instead, that looks about right to push that BL near the limit.

Probably a good thing I opted for the extra spider, it might just work out well.

We'll see... now to just receive my sub. It was a Mar 31 order date and it's progressing, I knew I'd be waiting and would be a bit but patience never was my strong point.

At least I'm getting updates... "Steel machined", "Coil pack ready"... Lol... I want one that says "Order Shipped"...  :eyebrow:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.