Which 8" Sub will work best for this Enclosure?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kabigon
10+ year member

VA
I'm doing a moderate upgrade to my '82 Jeep Renegade's Sound System and I need a bit of advice on the Sub. I will be installing it into a pre-built Center Console w/ 8" Slot for a Sub with Sealed Chamber Volume of .53 Cubic Feet.

Jeep Audio System - Jeep Wrangler Audio - Intra-Pod Center Console Speaker and Subwoofer

I was seriously considering the Sundown Audio SA-8 but it needs a Sealed Enclosure of .2-.3 Cubic Feet which is half of what I'm working with. Will it work or is there a better option out there? I'm not looking to spend a fortune but would like decent SQ and power, of course.

I'm going to be combining that with two 5.25" Speakers in the Dash and two 6"x9" Speakers in the Rear so if you guys can recommend a nice 5-Channel Amp to power it all, that would be excellent. The Amp Cavity specs on that Console are 8" W x 11" L x 3"+ D so I would need something to fit into that area with enough power for everything.

Thanks for the help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.