whay to set amp gains at

Nice system. How does it sound
Sounds amazing now that I properly have my gains set. When I first set everything up I tried to set my gains by ear which wasn't too hard for my front and rear speakers but I ended up turning my sub gain up too high which was causing it to clip at high volumes which in turn was shutting my amp into protection mode. This was very frustrating for me bc I had no idea how to properly set my gains and didn't have any of the right equipment (at the time I didn't even know it was shutting off because of clipping which was even more annoying). Spent a few days searching on these forums and online sites and learned that it was actually pretty easy. Now my system slams just like I want it to and I can play my music at higher volumes without it shutting off on me.

If you don't have a LPF and HPF on your stock deck, which I doubt you do, make sure you set your amp up correctly otherwise it can make your music sound like **** and can strain your speakers. If you have a sub you really don't want your door speakers playing anything below 80Hz, or at least I don't. Same with your sub, you do not want it to be straining to hit the upper Hz (anything over 80Hz for the most part).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.