whats better?

Do the pwx need a ton of work to sound good? The few sets ive heard have been less than impressive.
Need good power and door treatments and properly ran active with tweets that can play low enough. done right and you get ridiculous amounts of midbass and a smooth response. If you pair the pwx with super tweeters, they gonna sound like sh*t due to super tweets not being able to play low enough clean enough. So its more of a whole system design rather than work.

Crescendo Audio STS-1
or

XS-28 - Image Dynamics
its a toss up.

Need good power and door treatments and properly ran active with tweets that can play low enough. done right and you get ridiculous amounts of midbass and a smooth response. If you pair the pwx with super tweeters, they gonna sound like sh*t due to super tweets not being able to play low enough clean enough. So its more of a whole system design rather than work.

its a toss up.
whats the difference between a super tweeter and a regular tweeter?

so im getting the pwx 6 1/2 and the sts1 but im looking online for a crossover point for the tweeter and mid. the pwx says it can play from 83-5600hz but i cant seem to find how low the tweeter can go to high pass filter it. and should i really filter the pwx to really go all the way down to 83? and can i really go as high as 5600? or is that pushing it? whats a good point at?

whats the difference between a super tweeter and a regular tweeter?so im getting the pwx 6 1/2 and the sts1 but im looking online for a crossover point for the tweeter and mid. the pwx says it can play from 83-5600hz but i cant seem to find how low the tweeter can go to high pass filter it. and should i really filter the pwx to really go all the way down to 83? and can i really go as high as 5600? or is that pushing it? whats a good point at?
The specs are misleading pwx naturally rolls off at 2.5khz. It plays up to 5khz but it dies out a lot before then hence why i said its more of a midbass oriented driver that needs a tweeter that can play low or it should be in a 3 way active as a dedicated midbass while a dedicated midrange takes care of the upper vocals. In a well treated, deadened and enclosed door, can play lower than 50hz easy.

Difference between super tweets and silk domes is one sounds like pure garbage and requires a lot of work to get it remotely listenable without your ears bleeding and one actually sounds like how a tweet should sound, plays everything smoother along with playing a lot lower cleanly than what a super tweet can play.

super tweeters cant play low, they have super harsh peaks at 5khz to 8khz mainly all the SSSS and SHHH sounds ripping through your ears making you cry for mom. Horribly nasty. I would not recommend running super tweets unless you completely know how to properly SQ tune and found perfect off axis tweeter positioning and fabricating a proper tweeter enclosure in its respected place. Its not something you throw on an amp and set gains and expect it to sound good. Not even a good EQ can help you here. Its doable but i dont recommend an SQL newbie to run super tweets. Unless you like tapping people out with sh*t garbage sounding highs then go for it.

The specs are misleading pwx naturally rolls off at 2.5khz. It plays up to 5khz but it dies out a lot before then hence why i said its more of a midbass oriented driver that needs a tweeter that can play low or it should be in a 3 way active as a dedicated midbass while a dedicated midrange takes care of the upper vocals. In a well treated, deadened and enclosed door, can play lower than 50hz easy.
Difference between super tweets and silk domes is one sounds like pure garbage and requires a lot of work to get it remotely listenable without your ears bleeding and one actually sounds like how a tweet should sound, plays everything smoother along with playing a lot lower cleanly than what a super tweet can play.

super tweeters cant play low, they have super harsh peaks at 5khz to 8khz mainly all the SSSS and SHHH sounds ripping through your ears making you cry for mom. Horribly nasty. I would not recommend running super tweets unless you completely know how to properly SQ tune and found perfect off axis tweeter positioning and fabricating a proper tweeter enclosure in its respected place. Its not something you throw on an amp and set gains and expect it to sound good. Not even a good EQ can help you here. Its doable but i dont recommend an SQL newbie to run super tweets. Unless you like tapping people out with sh*t garbage sounding highs then go for it.
so i can set the lpf for the pwx at maybe 50hz? or maybe a bit higher? i did deaden my doors with some second skin. both doors. i was thinking of getting

https://www.amazon.com/FAST-Rings-3-Piece-Speaker-Enhancement/dp/B016LFVKHY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498564046&sr=8-1&keywords=fast+rings

idk if it would help more. i was also going to build some mdf rings maybe half an inch.

so the sts tweets should i set the filter as low as 2.15? then the pwx at 60-2.15k hz?

so i can set the lpf for the pwx at maybe 50hz? or maybe a bit higher? i did deaden my doors with some second skin. both doors. i was thinking of getting https://www.amazon.com/FAST-Rings-3-Piece-Speaker-Enhancement/dp/B016LFVKHY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498564046&sr=8-1&keywords=fast+rings

idk if it would help more. i was also going to build some mdf rings maybe half an inch.

so the sts tweets should i set the filter as low as 2.15? then the pwx at 60-2.15k hz?
thats not enough and dont waste money on those dumb fastrings.

look at keep hope alive's 2014 accord build or his 2006 accord build, thats what you have to do. If you just covered the gaps and holes with deadener, its not enough, thats just a half @ssed deadening job. Deadener flexes. You need something hard to cover the gaps and holes so its a real enclosure. Along with MLV to block road noise and CCF to block vibration ALONG with the insulation material to absorb the back wave.

You need silk tweets that play low so you'll have them crossed at 2.5khz to 3khz and the pwx around there as well.

thats not enough and dont waste money on those dumb fastrings.
look at keep hope alive's 2014 accord build or his 2006 accord build, thats what you have to do. If you just covered the gaps and holes with deadener, its not enough, thats just a half @ssed deadening job. Deadener flexes. You need something hard to cover the gaps and holes so its a real enclosure. Along with MLV to block road noise and CCF to block vibration ALONG with the insulation material to absorb the back wave.

You need silk tweets that play low so you'll have them crossed at 2.5khz to 3khz and the pwx around there as well.
So the sts can play as low as 2.15? And set the filter for pwx at 2.15? So the filters never should cross? It should meet in the middle?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

So the sts can play as low as 2.15? And set the filter for pwx at 2.15? So the filters never should cross? It should meet in the middle?
just do both at 3khz at -12 db and play around from there once its in. its a good starting point. When you have everything installed come back and we'll work on tuning.

just do both at 3khz at -12 db and play around from there once its in. its a good starting point. When you have everything installed come back and we'll work on tuning.
what happens if i turn the db higher or lower? i should be getting it by the end of next week then need to run all new wire to amp etc.

16 is fine, if you have wire strippers just use 16 or 14 gauge and trim the 12 gauge so you dont have to buy new sh*t.
I was going to buy but I was wondering which is best? So 16 is fine? It's also cheaper. I didn't wanna get 16 risking lower power transfer from such a small wire but if it's okay then I'll get the 16

I was going to buy but I was wondering which is best? So 16 is fine? It's also cheaper. I didn't wanna get 16 risking lower power transfer from such a small wire but if it's okay then I'll get the 16
I literally heard no different using 16 gauge vs 12 gauge man. With 400 watts going to one of my mid. You are fine they arent power wires they are just speaker wires.

Just trim your 12 gauge and save money for more important sh*t.

I literally heard no different using 16 gauge vs 12 gauge man. With 400 watts going to one of my mid. You are fine they arent power wires they are just speaker wires.
Just trim your 12 gauge and save money for more important sh*t.
i was looking at your prv speakers up and they look better than the pwx lol

and im going to get the 16 gauge i never had the 12 gauge to begin with i was buying on amazon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.