whats better?

only if you have an active capable head unit then yes it'll be miles better than the jbls or any components. IF you dont have an active capable head unit then it'll be garbage.
i have https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVHX3800BHS-Receiver-Bluetooth-AppRadio/dp/B017LKVEBA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497705281&sr=8-1&keywords=pioneer+avhx3800bhs

so active is just using speaker wire from speaker direct to amp?

so 4 channel amp left mid to 1 channel left tweet to another and same as other side? cancels crossover pretty much to be crossed at the amp and more power?

waned to buy the mids and tweets sep

i heard buying it like this you have more control, power.

i have https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVHX3800BHS-Receiver-Bluetooth-AppRadio/dp/B017LKVEBA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497705281&sr=8-1&keywords=pioneer+avhx3800bhs

so 4 channel amp left mid to 1 channel left tweet to another and same as other side? cancels crossover pretty much to be crossed at the amp and more power?

As far as I can tell in the description that's not an active deck ..an active deck can be set as a complete high pass crossover a mid band passed crossover and low crossover in one unit ..most decks have front and rear basic high pass and a subwoofer crossover ..very few are active

As far as I can tell in the description that's not an active deck ..an active deck can be set as a complete high pass crossover a mid band passed crossover and low crossover in one unit ..most decks have front and rear basic high pass and a subwoofer crossover ..very few are active
If you mean changing the crossovers for high and mid high filter and low filter and sub hpf from the deck then j can do this unless I'm wrong. I can link a video if this is what you mean

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

perfect. Dont even bother buying components ever again.

Buy some tweeters you can go with crescendo sts-1 or image dynamics xs28 or massive ct-2 tweets speaker wire hooked directly to on channel one and 2

A pair of pwx on 3 and 4

amp on full pass no crossover. PPI 900.4's crossover is beyond garbage EWWW never ever touch that sh*t it muddies up the sound.

All crossover is done in the head unit. You'll have to factory reset the head unit and then at the start choose network mode instead of standard.

You can then go to crossover in the audio options and set the crossover points for the mid and tweeters.

This is INFINITELY better sounding and LOUDER than any 250 dollar and under set of components can offer. Literally just the pwx and massive tweets alone destroyed a 500+ dollar set of CDT Eurosport series of components. ran active.

You are completely and utterly wrong its an active deck All pioneer lines 2800 to 5800 are active capable. Their 2700 to 5700 lines are active capable as well. Even cheap 99 dollar head unit like the mvh 580bt is active capable as well. You are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of the loop bud. Head units have come a long way.

Other than not having left and right EQ and 3 more bands of EQ and only a single 24 bit dac vs a triple, all these active capable pioneers can do everything an 80 prs can.

If you mean changing the crossovers for high and mid high filter and low filter and sub hpf from the deck then j can do this unless I'm wrong. I can link a video if this is what you mean
ignore him you are good to go.

perfect. Dont even bother buying components ever again.
Buy some tweeters you can go with crescendo sts-1 or image dynamics xs28 or massive ct-2 tweets speaker wire hooked directly to on channel one and 2

A pair of pwx on 3 and 4

amp on full pass no crossover. PPI 900.4's crossover is beyond garbage EWWW never ever touch that sh*t it muddies up the sound.

All crossover is done in the head unit. You'll have to factory reset the head unit and then at the start choose network mode instead of standard.

You can then go to crossover in the audio options and set the crossover points for the mid and tweeters.

This is INFINITELY better sounding and LOUDER than any 250 dollar and under set of components can offer. Literally just the pwx and massive tweets alone destroyed a 500+ dollar set of CDT Eurosport series of components. ran active.

You are completely and utterly wrong its an active deck All pioneer lines 2800 to 5800 are active capable. Their 2700 to 5700 lines are active capable as well. Even cheap 99 dollar head unit like the mvh 580bt is active capable as well. You are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of the loop bud. Head units have come a long way.

Other than not having left and right EQ and 3 more bands of EQ and only a single 24 bit dac vs a triple, all these active capable pioneers can do everything an 80 prs can.

ignore him you are good to go.
Finally I can move on to the next stage. As much as I love the jbl o felt I was out of the sound stage still. The ppi will have to be my amp since I'm buying all separate and that will be a doozy of a price. What amp do you recommend ? My budget would have to be maybe 250? And for mids I'm sure I can't get crescendo since they're out of stock forever. As much as I want them I don't think I can wait a year for front mids. Any recommendations? Someone told me image dynamics tweets were also good. Anything from amazon would be really good to since I can buy warranty from them. Unless any other site that would be good to.

Finally I can move on to the next stage. As much as I love the jbl o felt I was out of the sound stage still. The ppi will have to be my amp since I'm buying all separate and that will be a doozy of a price. What amp do you recommend ? My budget would have to be maybe 250? And for mids I'm sure I can't get crescendo since they're out of stock forever. As much as I want them I don't think I can wait a year for front mids. Any recommendations? Someone told me image dynamics tweets were also good. Anything from amazon would be really good to since I can buy warranty from them. Unless any other site that would be good to.
Keep the ppi

At most you will get a 2 channel amp for the tweets and bridge the ppi 900.4 into two channel mode for 450 watts a side for the mids. The amp becomes a monster bridged thats later if you want to go bigger. Why not try to fit a 10 pwx in your door now? Lol

Again, your assuming things w/o looking them up. Do us all a favor, open your mouth and put your foot in it.
Drivers dont care about impedance. Alignment is drastically more important as well as over all design

Most amps do 100x4 at 4ohm and 150x4 at 2ohm.

50 watts is 1.5db. but if the 4ohm driver is 88db 1w1m and the 2ohm driver is 86 the 4 ohm driver will be louder.

Drivers dont care about impedance. Alignment is drastically more important as well as over all designMost amps do 100x4 at 4ohm and 150x4 at 2ohm.

50 watts is 1.5db. but if the 4ohm driver is 88db 1w1m and the 2ohm driver is 86 the 4 ohm driver will be louder.
Except the jbl is 94 db sensitivity at 2 ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.