First car audio project recommendations

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jyola34

Hello all, this is my first post. I have a 2007 VW jetta and I'm making it my first car audio project. As of now I don't plan on doing anything drastic. My head unit arrives tomorrow, and I already have my monoblock amp and subwoofers. Planning on installing that when I get off work tomorrow. I'm going to have 800w RMS pumping in 2 alpine type s 10's in a ported enclosure. I would like to get new speakers as well, but I'm having trouble deciding what to do. I read that the front is a component system, tweeter and woofer in each front door so replacing one or the other would be a downgrade, correct? There's an empty 4 inch midrange spot too that could be filled. In the back there is another tweeter and woofer. I'm feeling all of that would be overkill, especially if amplified. I'm seeing that the general consensus is simply components in the front and coaxials in the back? Can I have input from anyone with components in all 4 doors? Part of me really wants to go balls out with 6.75 mid bass 4 inch midrange and tweeter in front doors utilizing crossovers, and 6.75 midrange and tweeters in rear doors, again using crossovers. I'm learning more and more every day about this stuff, I'm beginning to think I'm just overthinking it at this point. Any and all recommendations and experience appreciated. Do not want competition level equipment/volume so I'm assuming using all 10 speakers would be overkill. Thanks in advance guys. Time to do some more reading! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.