Rear speakers sound like a tweeter..

Participant count
  • Participant list
My rear speakers sound like a tweeter. Both the left and right.

Speakers are crescendo PWX

Speaker amp is CT 125.4

HU Pioneer 80prs

Amp settings are identical for front/rear. The fronts sound just fine but the rear sounds like a stock tweeter

All speaker connections are secure. No loose leads on the speakers also.

My RCAs are split between my two 4 channel amps. One amp for the mids, one for the highs.

I have a 4 channel RCA set for the front/rear.

The front is split off from 2 inputs to 4. Those are for the front mids and the front tweeters.

I can draw a diagram is that is confusing.

I actually can't think what the issue could be...

the idea of them being out of phase is a valid one - they would cancel bass. you can also test this with your balance.

describe using splitters and not using the HU front output for front and rear output for rear.

are you using the HU crossovers and splitting the tweeter output (HPF) to a tweeter front/rear amp and woofer output (BPF) to the woofer front/rear amp?

also check the HPF settings on the amp and look for a "10x" switch.

Wasn't a phase issue.

I did a process of elimination and thought the only thing it could be rear RCA is shot.

Turned out that was right.

My front RCA channel works great so I just split it and now I use it for all channels.

Now I have to figure out if its either just the cable or the HU.

If its just the RCA then I can get a new cable ez pz but if its the 80 prs im going to be pisseddddddd.

I have a warranty so its ok but still this shouldn't' happen.

Wasn't a phase issue.
I did a process of elimination and thought the only thing it could be rear RCA is shot.

Turned out that was right.

My front RCA channel works great so I just split it and now I use it for all channels.

Now I have to figure out if its either just the cable or the HU.

If its just the RCA then I can get a new cable ez pz but if its the 80 prs im going to be pisseddddddd.

I have a warranty so its ok but still this shouldn't' happen.
pull hu run cheap set of rcas over seats see if that works before running them under everything..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.