What would be a better brand of comps and coxials, Kicker or Alpine?

crfrider
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Oklahoma
need opinions on what is a better sounding brand, im planning on running 4 6.5 coxials in the doors, 2 6x9s in the back and 2 sets of comps up front in fiberglass pods, some 6.5s comps in the kicks, and a set of 5.5s in the a-pillars, this will be in a tahoe, all powered on a kicker zx850.4, im wanting to run all kicker since my amps and subs are kicker, but i heard the speakers dont sound good, also what size gauge speaker wire would be good to run, do you think 12 gauge would be to much, any help

need opinions on what is a better sounding brand, im planning on running 4 6.5 coxials in the doors, 2 6x9s in the back and 2 sets of comps up front in fiberglass pods, some 6.5s comps in the kicks, and a set of 5.5s in the a-pillars, this will be in a tahoe, all powered on a kicker zx850.4, im wanting to run all kicker since my amps and subs are kicker, but i heard the speakers dont sound good, also what size gauge speaker wire would be good to run, do you think 12 gauge would be to much, any help
good god, why so many?

lol just want to be loud, I plan on adding another sub amp, another kicker zx2500.1 with 2 more kicker L7 15s later, so I would have 4 15s with 2 2500.1s so I want to get my speaker set up first

Neither. Spend the money on a good set of comps (you can even go 3-way) up front, and use coax in rear. More does not equal better.

what do you think I should run the comps at, i heard the kick panels are good cause they face you better, i also thought the apillars would be good cause there up high by the ear, well i was thinking of running the coxials in the doors off the HU, then just runnning the comps off the amp

I'm no audio expert but this seems waaay too much. I always get recommendation on running good components up front and ditch the back, but in my case I need the back, meybe you need it too. I say u'll have enough money to spend on good sets of fronts and backs if u loose the other speakers.

I did a lot of reading and came to conclusion that best and most popular for the under $200 are Alpine SPX-17REF or ID CTX65CS

Alpine SPX-17REF Component Speakers - Car Speakers at Onlinecarstereo.com

CTX65CS - Image Dynamics 6.5" Component Speaker System

well I was planning on running all kicker ks series speakers which are cheaper so i figured the more speakers it would make it louder also it would probally all equal out to the same price as 2 good sets of comps and i want to use all the zx850.4 has to offer which is 175 X 4

well do kicks get loud, I was thinking of running some comps in the kicks and do you think just running the other set in the front doors would it be fine, or should i run the second set in the pillars

well do kicks get loud, I was thinking of running some comps in the kicks and do you think just running the other set in the front doors would it be fine, or should i run the second set in the pillars
kick panels are the best imo...just run the second set in the door. I would personally just use the kicks with a set of comps...but thats just me

I think I might run some kicker ss 6.5s or kicker rs 6.5s in the kicks then fiberglass some door pods to house either 1 set of 6.5 kicker ss or rs comps or 2 sets of kicker rs 5.25s comps, what do you think

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.