Trying to see if i can put better speakers in the dash

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lilrec

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, I have a 2016 tundra dc trd non jbl system & was wondering if I can put better speakers in the dash & run a component system in the front door & put the Tweeter in the sail panel, how will it work? Right now the person before me put a Blaupunkt 1500.4 in it & ran all the speakers in the truck to 2 of the channels & the other two were for a sub. I bought a l7 kicker solo baric down firing 10" to see how it sounded. I don't like it, so now I'm looking for options & info on new speakers, hu, & 5ch amp. I'm looking at floating nav hu or the biggest I can fit inside the dash too. Any help or suggestions would be awesome. I'm looking at 2 3/4 for coner dash or bigger, 3.5 center dash, Tweeter in sail panel, either 6.5, 7 or 6x9 components in the front door, & 6.5 2 way back doors. Haven't figure out which speaker brand or amp. I'm looking at the kenwood 10" nav hu.

id do something like this and put a 6.5" in the door...

Screenshot (1464).png

id do something like this and put a 6.5" in the door...

View attachment 54176
Damn, that looks nice. That's what I'm looking to do. I want a 3 way system in the front area but I kind of want to put a center speaker too because I have one there already. Will that work? If I hook up one side of the center to the front right & front left dash corner speakers? Also, what kind of speakers are those?

Damn, that looks nice. That's what I'm looking to do. I want a 3 way system in the front area but I kind of want to put a center speaker too because I have one there already. Will that work? If I hook up one side of the center to the front right & front left dash corner speakers? Also, what kind of speakers are those?
Why did you choose a 6.5? I have 6x9 in the front door & was thinking about keeping them 6x9 component but do the 6.5 have a crisper sound? Everything still looks stock but I haven't pulled the speakers out or pulled panels yet. Should I get 6.5 2ways for the rear door? Thank you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...