What will help more a 4 or 5 channel or ?

BCotrell

Senior VIP Member
May 27, 2015
irvine, ca
Network is 3 way active network. So my mistake I thought you were trying to reuse your coaxials, the fsx65 are fine to use. I thought they were the sk65 which is a coaxial. overall, my bad. But still why would you consider a Comp set?

OP
BigSachsy1

BigSachsy1

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
May 4, 2011
Centennial, CO
Network is 3 way active network. So my mistake I thought you were trying to reuse your coaxials, the fsx65 are fine to use. I thought they were the sk65 which is a coaxial. overall, my bad. But still why would you consider a Comp set?
No worries. And i still dont really know what that means..3 way active...but yeah the fsx65s are midrange drivers...they get loud af on whatever rms the kenwood HU puts out, i think 22 rms a channelx4. But idk, they were only 20 a peice, i figured if i got a component set with 2 6.5s, two tweeters, the xovers all in one package, would be better than frankenstiening the subpar skars 6.5 midranges with good tweeters. I wanted to keep the quinn coaxials i had but yesterday i looked and one of them is kind of broken. They sounded phenomenal before i upgraded from stock. They only did like 40 watts rms anyway. But overall i felt getting a the deck would improve performance of my system based on what was recommended and what ive seen/done myself. 4v rcas vs 2.5 volts i have now, more equalizer settings...seems like a better deal and will set me up for success farther down the road

BCotrell

Senior VIP Member
May 27, 2015
irvine, ca
Those teeeters are 50 bucks, a pair of Goood midrange drivers can be found under 100. You won’t find many good Comp sets for $155

OP
BigSachsy1

BigSachsy1

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
May 4, 2011
Centennial, CO
Those teeeters are 50 bucks, a pair of Goood midrange drivers can be found under 100. You won’t find many good Comp sets for $155
I didnt get any comp set yet. Was looking at the massive audio mk and fc6 and 6.3s and ct sounds meso and strato sets..they all seem pretty legit..also mb quartz and ds18 sets...but ill probably get the ct or massives

OP
BigSachsy1

BigSachsy1

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
May 4, 2011
Centennial, CO
I didnt get any comp set yet. Was looking at the massive audio mk and fc6 and 6.3s and ct sounds meso and strato sets..they all seem pretty legit..also mb quartz and ds18 sets...but ill probably get the ct or massives
And thats only if I get a comp set. I figure the sound quality is better too than the skars would be. But idk yet, still taking time to decide

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
Jan 22, 2010
Florida
I've had a ton of mids and tweeters and i've got to say the Massive CT2 tweeters with silverflute mids are fantastic for how cheap they are.

Reactions: BigSachsy1
OP
BigSachsy1

BigSachsy1

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
May 4, 2011
Centennial, CO
Massive tweets and pwx6 drivers for the win
Yo so installed the HU that thing already made my shit sound better then i started messing with the HU eq settings and boy does my trunk bang. Cant wait to get the tweeters going. Need to replace one skar fsx, it got wired incorrectly and now its not as strong as the other..but other than that this shit is slapping hard, and my electrical seems to not care as much as it did with the old HU.

OP
BigSachsy1

BigSachsy1

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
May 4, 2011
Centennial, CO
i'd move the coaxials to the rear, leave them on head unit power. Get a 4 channel amp something like a pioneer gm 8704 or taramps ds 1200.4. Put all the power to the front. tweets on channel 1 and 2, mids on 3 and 4. If your head unit is a pioneer with network mode then you dont need a DSP, just run active from the head unit.

Add a voltmeter and monitor voltage drops before you upgrade any electrical.
Yo Jeff, u cooked up a NIIIIICE one for me. I installed the pioneer HU like 2 hrs ago (took me a while cause i had to re wire the harness without wire snips or crimps. everything is connected well, will post a few pics). I have been playing with eq settings, boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy does this thing thump so much harder and clearer. I am so stoked right now and had 2 let you know. Thank you so much. Didnt have any idea that a new single din hu could make so much of a difference.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest classifieds