Participant count
  • Participants list
-U just bought a network capable hu, if you were gonna buy a Comp set u coulda kept the Kenwood

-Use a four channel. Significantly smarter than a two channel. Tweeter on fronts mid drivers on rears

- no comp set or the fsx reuse . Ur paying for a passive crossover you don’t need. Also the FSx is a coax so no you’d want a dedicated midrange driver

Pay attention to the feedback ur getting and quit jonesing to buy the wrong gear. We’re helping you optimize $mart
I got the HU cause i figured it was the most important piece of what was said to me minus the big 3 and new alt

But the reason anyone advised the new hu was to have active capabilities which is running the tweeter and mids on separate channels and tuning control on the receiver. You couldn’t run the ct2’s and the skars because the skars are coaxials... as in tweeter and midrange combined in one. Comp set will not likely sound better than active not sure why you would assume that. Ct2s and a separate pair of dedicated midrange will sound much better than a pair of comps for the total money spent.

But for real makes no sense to pick parts of a solution because you still just wasted 100$
On a headunit that is now functionally the same as your old one....regardless of your sound treatment.

But the reason anyone advised the new hu was to have active capabilities which is running the tweeter and mids on separate channels and tuning control on the receiver. You couldn’t run the ct2’s and the skars because the skars are coaxials... as in tweeter and midrange combined in one. Comp set will not likely sound better than active not sure why you would assume that. Ct2s and a separate pair of dedicated midrange will sound much better than a pair of comps for the total money spent.

But for real makes no sense to pick parts of a solution because you still just wasted 100$
On a headunit that is now functionally the same as your old one....regardless of your sound treatment.
Bruh what are you talking about i told u exactly why i did what i did....maybe it looks like its all spelled out to you, but to someone like me who isnt a 10 yr vet on these things, i still dont understand. What doenst make sense is why someone would reccomend a new HU if i had all the same functionality like youre saying. And they wouldnt tell me to get the ct2s and run them with the skars...but thats what was told to me....

Network is 3 way active network. So my mistake I thought you were trying to reuse your coaxials, the fsx65 are fine to use. I thought they were the sk65 which is a coaxial. overall, my bad. But still why would you consider a Comp set?

Network is 3 way active network. So my mistake I thought you were trying to reuse your coaxials, the fsx65 are fine to use. I thought they were the sk65 which is a coaxial. overall, my bad. But still why would you consider a Comp set?
No worries. And i still dont really know what that means..3 way active...but yeah the fsx65s are midrange drivers...they get loud af on whatever rms the kenwood HU puts out, i think 22 rms a channelx4. But idk, they were only 20 a peice, i figured if i got a component set with 2 6.5s, two tweeters, the xovers all in one package, would be better than frankenstiening the subpar skars 6.5 midranges with good tweeters. I wanted to keep the quinn coaxials i had but yesterday i looked and one of them is kind of broken. They sounded phenomenal before i upgraded from stock. They only did like 40 watts rms anyway. But overall i felt getting a the deck would improve performance of my system based on what was recommended and what ive seen/done myself. 4v rcas vs 2.5 volts i have now, more equalizer settings...seems like a better deal and will set me up for success farther down the road

Those teeeters are 50 bucks, a pair of Goood midrange drivers can be found under 100. You won’t find many good Comp sets for $155
I didnt get any comp set yet. Was looking at the massive audio mk and fc6 and 6.3s and ct sounds meso and strato sets..they all seem pretty legit..also mb quartz and ds18 sets...but ill probably get the ct or massives

I didnt get any comp set yet. Was looking at the massive audio mk and fc6 and 6.3s and ct sounds meso and strato sets..they all seem pretty legit..also mb quartz and ds18 sets...but ill probably get the ct or massives
And thats only if I get a comp set. I figure the sound quality is better too than the skars would be. But idk yet, still taking time to decide

Massive tweets and pwx6 drivers for the win
Yo so installed the HU that thing already made my **** sound better then i started messing with the HU eq settings and boy does my trunk bang. Cant wait to get the tweeters going. Need to replace one skar fsx, it got wired incorrectly and now its not as strong as the other..but other than that this **** is slapping hard, and my electrical seems to not care as much as it did with the old HU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.