What Subs to choose for a blow through in a S10?

I am not a box designer but if I have my entire bed for space should that not be a problem?
i could prolly help with the box design if need be .for 1000 the xfl subs will be your best option as already said

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

i could prolly help with the box design if need be .for 1000 the xfl subs will be your best option as already said
they do and its fi is made by ascendant

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

they do and its fi is made by ascendant
but four of them will be over budget

If you'd like to go with the RE route, check out the MX series. My buddy has two in a 4th blow thru and they get down on his DC 3.5k. He does 47's at 38hz and still breaks 42's at 24hz. Lightweight, 4" coil, lots of suspension, neo. Stout subs for sure.

I wouldn't run any kicker or AQ sub in a 4th.. Not that im a hater. just.. Stiff subs with high fs usually don't turn out well in 4ths.
While I would normally some what agree. I have built several 4th orders for AQ HDC3/4 subs with some rather impressive results. Do not believe everything you read about 4th orders.

What is he using to power those 4 -12's? You know how there 15's perform? Not sure if I could do 4 of their 12's at $419 a pop.

Look at the HDC3 not the 4's.

We are using 2 AQ3500's right now..but we are wired at .25 ohm which I do not suggest what so ever.

As for the newer RE xxx, it's impressive, but it gives up too much to get that crazy excursion (that youll never see) and low fs. Cooling being a huge one. And they want massive boxes.
Shit I paid #350 used for my XXX15, and on 1500watts or less I am getting over 3" of peak to peak excursion, in a small sealed box

If you'd like to go with the RE route, check out the MX series. My buddy has two in a 4th blow thru and they get down on his DC 3.5k. He does 47's at 38hz and still breaks 42's at 24hz. Lightweight, 4" coil, lots of suspension, neo. Stout subs for sure.
This. The MX's are almost exual to the XXX in terms of low frequency output until you start going below 20hz or so. **** good subs that murder the lows

What makes their new stuff so crappy?
they used to be hand built in the states until 2006 when they jumped on the band wagon and started having them built over seas like some other companies.not saying that they aren't good subs ,but for the money there is much better than they are now.

How do you like the XXX15's have any issues with them?
Haha I just hooked it up last night, the guy before me ran it for a year on 2200 watts with no problems. RE uses a solid coil design now instead of the split coil on the new XXX's, they supposedly are a lot more rugged now (the coils). The rest of the sub is built like a TANK. The surround reminds me of a slick bicycle tire; super thick and beefy.

I posted a makeshift review in the subwoofers section

The XXX has the ability to play lower, louder than basically every sub out there, only competition I know of is the LMS ultra 5400 in the sub 35 hz range, all the way down to 10hz. Above that range, for all out SPL, there are louder subs. Personally I love the deep bass which is why i chose this sub. Price is on par with the LMS I believe.

"We are now proud that the majority (over 28 models) of all subwoofers are manufactured by hand in our California facility, (MADE IN THE U.S.A.)." This is from RE Audios web site, so are they not making them in the US and just saying that they are?

"We are now proud that the majority (over 28 models) of all subwoofers are manufactured by hand in our California facility, (MADE IN THE U.S.A.)." This is from RE Audios web site, so are they not making them in the US and just saying that they are?
the guy who made re amazing now owns fi car audio he left the company and started his own.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.