What Subs to choose for a blow through in a S10?

The 12" *** Series subs get good reviews from that site, what are their draw backs, and are you just saying that cause you are a DC rep? Tell me about the DC line and why is it better? I read good things about it, but need impartial opinions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the re subs just aren't what they used to be .they used to be some really nice subs back in the day ,just went down hill fast when they started out sourcing the parts in 2007 .i never said dc subs where better r worse ,just that the re subs are way to expensive for what they are now.there is much better for less than the re subs now.you need a set budget to work with and what kind of blow thru ? just a ported or a 4th or 6th order ? this will determine which subs that you should be looking at .

I know you didn't say the DC subs where better but wanted to get your opinion on them? I am looking at $1000 for subs and $1500-$1600 on Amps but if the right subs and AMP presented itself I could make more room in my budget. I am not sure what type of box that will be built, I am having that custom made cause I know very little on boxes. I see lots of people have the DC Audio gear and just trying to find out why people like them over other brands.

I wouldn't run any kicker or AQ sub in a 4th.. Not that im a hater. just.. Stiff subs with high fs usually don't turn out well in 4ths.
I'd do 4 Havocs on 5k for a 4th order blowthrough //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

As for the newer RE xxx, it's impressive, but it gives up too much to get that crazy excursion (that youll never see) and low fs. Cooling being a huge one. And they want massive boxes.

I know you didn't say the DC subs where better but wanted to get your opinion on them? I am looking at $1000 for subs and $1500-$1600 on Amps but if the right subs and AMP presented itself I could make more room in my budget. I am not sure what type of box that will be built, I am having that custom made cause I know very little on boxes. I see lots of people have the DC Audio gear and just trying to find out why people like them over other brands.
hand built in reno ,nv that take and love very small enclosures ,but the dc subs do not like 4th order boxes .i run the lvl 4 dc subs ,and love them . i have 2 in a 1.5 ^3 box per side for a pair of 10's at 34 hertz .sounds great and gets pretty loud. would love to be able to put them in a bigger box tho

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.