What should I upgrade next?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Stock battery, stock alt, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X397 headunit, 2 Kicker 40cs654 front speakers powered on the headunit, 2 Kicker 40cs54 rear speakers powered on the headunit, american bass vfl 4480 powering 2 soundqubed hds312's.

Probably going to sell my front speakers to my friend for $50. Really want to get an amp for my speakers, but then it seems like upgrading my battery/alternator will be a must then. Leaning towards going with doing the big 3 and getting some new front speakers.. any recommendations? Kind of tight on cash at the moment but would rather wait and save up and get something i wont have to keep wanting to upgrade

What kind of wire do you guys suggest for the big 3? I was thinking about 8-10 foot of sky high 2/0 wire but if theres something better please suggest it... I know nothing about cars and especially car batteries/alternators... what should I be looking for? All going in a 03 subaru forester

For a alternator I would suggest not buying a ebay brand high output alternator and just buy a known brand like singer or dc. For the big 3, I would suggest 2 or 0 gauge wire, I always use welding cable for my power wire. For a battery I would suggest getting a deka.

[quote name='Biggiesmails72']What kind of wire do you guys suggest for the big 3? I was thinking about 8-10 foot of sky high 2/0 wire but if theres something better please suggest it... I know nothing about cars and especially car batteries/alternators... what should I be looking for? All going in a 03 subaru forester[/QUOTE]

I would suggest buying a kit from @mylows10 ; Its Sky High 0 Gauge CCA or OFC.

Does anyone have any info on an alternator? I saw a mechman alternator for my car would cost $600... Are alternators really that expensive?
They can be. I have a 180 amp alt for your car. I can let it go for $500 it's at singer now. It needs a new bearing. This alt was $649 new. Powder coated blue to Was used for 1 month max output is 220 amps

They can be. I have a 180 amp alt for your car. I can let it go for $500 it's at singer now. It needs a new bearing. This alt was $649 new. Powder coated blue to Was used for 1 month max output is 220 amps
Dang that stinks... im assuming you NEED a car specific alternator and cant just buy any alternator.. Looks like alternator will be last on my list

Dang that stinks... im assuming you NEED a car specific alternator and cant just buy any alternator.. Looks like alternator will be last on my list
Subaru alt are car specific Hondas and Toyota can sometimes get away with a cs144 case. But not all of them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.