Can't make up my mind on which way to go for amp set up

Participant count
  • Participant list

g00d4me

So after 5 years of not having a system in my car, I finally got around to assembling the necessary components to finish it off so I can finally get it installed.

My car is a 2009 Cobalt SS with the Pioneer system

Set up to go in:

Pioneer 4600bt

Canton QS 2.16 components for the front

no rear speakers

2 Pioneer TS-SW3001S2 shallow mount 12's

The problem I'm having is deciding on what amp setup to use:

First set up: MTX TC 4004 4 channel and a US Amps MD2D sub amp

Second set up: US Amps AX 5600 5 channel amp

Third set up: something different

The sub channel on the 5600 does 500 at 1 ohm and the MD2D does around 1500 at 1 ohm.

I would like to feed as much power to the subs as possible but since I have a small trunk, putting two amps in there might be difficult. Plus I've never heard a class d amp on subs, so I'm curious on the sound compared to an AB amp. I used to run a US Amps 2000x in my prior system but I had to sell it and I've regretted it ever since.

I was thinking of ditching the MD2D and 5 channel and get a 2 channel AB for the subs but since I can't make up mind, I figured I'd post something here to get some opinions and ideas/recommendations on what to do, stick with either set up or go with something completely different.

Also, I have a pair of old school Orion HCCA 6.5 2 ohm components that are missing the crossover.

It's the older a/d/s owned speaker system and I'm curious if I can still run those without the crossover? If so I might put those in instead of the Canton's.

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.