What should I do?

Participant count
  • Participant list

hotshot27
10+ year member

Autotech
Tulsa
This is my first post even though I have been reading over the forum for the last week [now that school is out].

I am trying to decide whether or not to go with 1 15" or 2 12"s. my car is a 2004 honda civic, so it is kinda small. i am looking for a decent mix of SQ and SPL [i want it to be loud but not sound like garbage]. I have looked at kicker CVR's, alpine type e, infinity reference series, and some off brand trash. My budget is under 150 for either 2 12's or 1 15. And my amp is about 600-700 rms bridged 4 ohm. and my trunk space i can give up is about 3-3.5 cubes max, so i probably need sealed.

Any ideas on what would sound good in my budget and parameters?

thanks in advance.

PS: i listen to mainly hip/hop but about 20% rock and techno

you may be able to find a alpine Sor maybe an R 15" for that. I would go with a 15" myself but really it is whatever you find the est deal on.

has anyone used the infinity reference series? i've narrowed it down to either 1 15'' Kicker CVR sealed at 2 cubes or 2 infinity 12's each in 1.5 cubes sealed. the type R was out of my budget since I want a warranty.

any suggestions as far as the durability of these subs?

Orion P series

or Orion C series .

They disco'd that line.. I have a pair of 10's in my van that are hitting incredible numbers. But a side of numbers.. they make things MOVE !!!! Read my post about them.. I have wrote a few reviews on products and I cannot explain to you that this line of subwoofers has impressed me more than anything I have ever owned or installed that you can get for under 150$

In a sealed box they hit nice, when I went ported the increase in SPL was just not believable.

I will have a video very soon to them making the windshield wipers on my van bounce, and they make my steering column BOUNCE !!! lol.. people trip the hell out because they watch these subs do this but their 12ft away in the very back of my van. Plus those who dont know **** about ohms law are just in defiance when they read HCCA250 on my amplifier.. I dont say anything.. I just let them walk away to their car's with their 2000Watt Cosmic amplifier, and pair of 15" Cosmic subwoofers that just got out pounded by a pair of 10's on what they believe was a 250 wat amp. LOL I love it !

best 150$ I ever spent and convinced more of my family that Orions arent that bad.. and yes these are the subs made by orion which is actually owned by DEI. I have no complaint because I bought from an ebay dealer who warranty them LOL .. people hate DEI because of bad customer service.. I dont mind because I dont deal with DEI, but my ebay dealer whos is fkn great ! Best **** subs ive owned and ive owned and wrote reviews on the old Orion products and a few other subs.

my latest brag was making someone I randomly met at a parking lot who offered me a trade and some cash for the pair.. He offered me an older line of a pair of Alpine type R 12's. I should have taken it but since my **** hit harder I was kind of set in the mind that maybe those alpines arent as good as I read as I too have wanted a pair for a long time until I heard those.. but they were sealed.. so if they had been ported I dunno what they would have done.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif either way I felt I won that day. Hope this helps

Otherwise look into mach 5 audio. GREAT SUBS for the price

thanks for the info on the orions. Will they still have decent SQ?

also, i looked into the mach 5 MAW 15, posssibly going into 3 cubes at 32hz, or 12 MAW 12's in 3 cubes sealed. Any good or bad experiences with these subs? i know they outperform their price range, but can someone give me a comparison as to what major name brand they perform like?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.