Kicker Set-up

Participant count
  • Participant list

SMAX

I'm getting an amp/sub for my small truck.

Going with the Kicker TS10L7 and a zx750.1

The sub has a 2 or 4 ohm version. Which one would I need in order to take full advantage of the amp and what would be the best method to wire it up?

Thanks for any help fellas. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

If the amp is 1 ohm stable, order the dual 2 and wire in parrallel for 1 ohm load and you'll get the most out of the amp and sub. The amp puts out 750watts at 2 ohms though, which I believe is right around the RMS for an L7. If you get a dual 4 you can wire it to 2 ohms. Or you can always wire a dual 2 up to 4 ohms if you need to for any reason make it quieter.

If the amp is 1 ohm stable, order the dual 2 and wire in parrallel for 1 ohm load and you'll get the most out of the amp and sub. The amp puts out 750watts at 2 ohms though, which I believe is right around the RMS for an L7. If you get a dual 4 you can wire it to 2 ohms. Or you can always wire a dual 2 up to 4 ohms if you need to for any reason make it quieter.
The amp isn't stable at less than 2 Ohms.

I got the 4 Ohm version of the L7.

So now all I gotta do is wire it in parallel and I should be set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.