what should i do next?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Status
Not open for further replies.
i hear ya. i was a full-time electrical engineering student, 80 hrs a week in the labs, + working a job. but i made time for my 5th ave on a college budget.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/337617/1990-chrysler-fifth-ave-sedan-4d
Alright i feel you on that, so you think the best bet at this point is to deaden some of the main parts of my car and try and find a 3sixty? you think thats the best processor out right now or at least definitely would get the job done?

i agree you don't want to replace the head unit. you want something other than LOC's to convert the signal. which processor to get depends on what you want to do. installing them and tuning them takes time and requires you re-configure the system.

The RF 3Sixty.2 is a capable processor. It's nice that it is compact, but you need to tune it via wireless devices - if you already one one capable of tuning, then great. if not, factor that into the price.

however, no amount of processing can fix a poor installation. drop-in's won't cut it. modifying the speaker mounting locations and turning them into rigid, dead speaker enclosures is key. tweeter aiming and placement is also key. make what you have sound as good as you can WITHOUT processing by physically improving their acoustical environment. after that, processing will be very useful and take your system to another level.

trying to add processing to a system with acoustical issues makes it sound weird.

i agree you don't want to replace the head unit. you want something other than LOC's to convert the signal. which processor to get depends on what you want to do. installing them and tuning them takes time and requires you re-configure the system.
The RF 3Sixty.2 is a capable processor. It's nice that it is compact, but you need to tune it via wireless devices - if you already one one capable of tuning, then great. if not, factor that into the price.

however, no amount of processing can fix a poor installation. drop-in's won't cut it. modifying the speaker mounting locations and turning them into rigid, dead speaker enclosures is key. tweeter aiming and placement is also key. make what you have sound as good as you can WITHOUT processing by physically improving their acoustical environment. after that, processing will be very useful and take your system to another level.

trying to add processing to a system with acoustical issues makes it sound weird.
I agree with everything you say here. At least tighten up the speaker mount areas (doors/trunk) and focus on tweeter imaging. But I do have to correct the statement on the 3sixty.3, it is supplied with software that is designed to be used in conjunction with a laptop via a supplied USB cable for set up and configuration //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Thanks for the update on USB connectivity. I thought you were talking the older models. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...