what should i do next?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Status
Not open for further replies.

rock2593
10+ year member

I guess i can say im now addicted to upgrading my audio system...I have a 2008 Infiniti G35x sedan and just upgraded my system a few months ago and am already interested in adding more to my car.

my set up now:

-two JL 10W3v3's in a custom box

-Arc Audio XDi 10001 amp

-Front Stage: Hertz ESK 1653L

-Rear Stage: Hertz ECX 100

-Arc Audio XDi 804 amp for the door speakers

what else can i do to make my overall set up better without swapping out any of the equipment i already own, i dont really know which options there are and which are the best so im really open to any ideas for upgrades

Both of those Build Logs are very well done, you guys obviously put a lot of time and $$ into it! looks like it was well worth it...

I dont know to much about car audio but i want to get a new HU however i cannont find any HU brackets that fit my car, do you have any other solutions or a different recomendation in the direction i should be heading in?

[quote name='rock2593']Both of those Build Logs are very well done, you guys obviously put a lot of time and $$ into it! looks like it was well worth it...
I dont know to much about car audio but i want to get a new HU however i cannont find any HU brackets that fit my car, do you have any other solutions or a different recomendation in the direction i should be heading in?[/QUOTE]

I had nothing to do with that build log, it was all @keep_hope_alive;
Those are just a couple of the better detailed logs to be found for someone like yourself looking to get a lot more out of what they have.

what about a sound processor?
The perfect solution would be the Pioneer DEH 80PRS. 3 sets of 5v pre-outs, dual 16 band graphic eq's, 3way active capability, and many more goodies.

DEH-80PRS - CD Receiver with 3-Way Active Crossover Network, Auto EQ, and Auto Time Alignment | Pioneer Electronics USA

I like outboard active x-overs and eq's, but the 80prs is hard to beat. If you are not running active yet, you should try it. It is awesome to have the flexibility.

If you wanted to add a magic processor that is truly amazing to what you have, check this out:

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3 Programmable 8-channel digital signal processor at Crutchfield.com

It has software and usb connections to access just about anything you can do to tweak a system using your laptop:

x5753SiXTY3-o_eqgraph.jpeg

The perfect solution would be the Pioneer DEH 80PRS. 3 sets of 5v pre-outs, dual 16 band graphic eq's, 3way active capability, and many more goodies.DEH-80PRS - CD Receiver with 3-Way Active Crossover Network, Auto EQ, and Auto Time Alignment | Pioneer Electronics USA

I like outboard active x-overs and eq's, but the 80prs is hard to beat. If you are not running active yet, you should try it. It is awesome to have the flexibility.

If you wanted to add a magic processor that is truly amazing to what you have, check this out:

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3 Programmable 8-channel digital signal processor at Crutchfield.com

It has software and usb connections to access just about anything you can do to tweak a system using your laptop:

x5753SiXTY3-o_eqgraph.jpeg
Ive been having a hard time finding a in dash kit for my car so cd recievers are going to be hard to upgrade for me unless i did a whole custom in dash kit which is a path id rather just not do....however the RF would be so sick!! i havent heard to much about them, do they have good reviews and actually make things that much better for the price they are set for?

Ive been having a hard time finding a in dash kit for my car so cd recievers are going to be hard to upgrade for me unless i did a whole custom in dash kit which is a path id rather just not do....however the RF would be so sick!! i havent heard to much about them, do they have good reviews and actually make things that much better for the price they are set for?
They just released the 3Sixty.3 a few months ago and they are hard to find online.

[quote name='quackhead']I had nothing to do with that build log, it was all @keep_hope_alive;
Those are just a couple of the better detailed logs to be found for someone like yourself looking to get a lot more out of what they have.[/QUOTE]

The main take-away from my build logs should be how much time it takes to make a car sound good. Simple drop-ins are not going to make the most of what you have.

The main take-away from my build logs should be how much time it takes to make a car sound good. Simple drop-ins are not going to make the most of what you have.
I agree, but as a college student with a full time job i dont have to much free time on my hands haha, thats why i come to these forums looking for advice from more educated car audio enthusiasts to make sure i am buying the right products that will put out the best performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...