what should be my box volume

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jmdg

I have a Precision power PC18DS and I'm not sure what the volume of my box should be and how low i can tune it. i'm thinking around 26-28hz and maybe the box vol 5.5Cuft?

i have a long list of parameters but dont know how to use them. if someone can come up with the box vol and freq. tuning i can learn from there.

I have a Precision power PC18DS and I'm not sure what the volume of my box should be and how low i can tune it. i'm thinking around 26-28hz and maybe the box vol 5.5Cuft? i have a long list of parameters but dont know how to use them. if someone can come up with the box vol and freq. tuning i can learn from there.
I don't have any experience using that sub but from what I've found is if you're going to tune low you should make your box bigger as well. When you make your box too small it tends to make it louder at certain frequencies and very quiet at others. A large box tends to smooth out the response curve a bit which is very helpful for tuning low since it prevents your box from being too peaky on the low end and then dropping off at like 45-50hz

I have a Precision power PC18DS and I'm not sure what the volume of my box should be and how low i can tune it. i'm thinking around 26-28hz and maybe the box vol 5.5Cuft? i have a long list of parameters but dont know how to use them. if someone can come up with the box vol and freq. tuning i can learn from there.
Go to youtube and look up " how to use winisd" theres a 15 to 20 minute tutorial with a download link in the description. Its a free software that uses all the parameters to see how the sub performs in different enclosures.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.