What rms rated and peak power rated 6X9's can I use on my MTX Blue Thunder Pro 400x5

A real three way does have low mid high. The speakers you are thinking of have a almost full range 6*9 plus several crappy tweeters. If you start with crap, adding more crap to it just makes a bigger pile of crap.

by any different u mean the size?
Basically, although it is not the size it is that they are all tweeters, they are covering the same frequency. This causes issues with the response. It doesn't help anything, it makes everything worse.

so i should go with 2way speakers then huh....and 1 more question im confused about on the mtx specs it says

25 watts x 2 into a 4 ohm

50 watts x 2 into a 2 ohm

how do you read that wouldnt it have to read

25 watts x 4 or

50 watts x 4

since 4 is the number of channels not 2 channel?

so i should go with 2way speakers then huh....and 1 more question im confused about on the mtx specs it says
25 watts x 2 into a 4 ohm

50 watts x 2 into a 2 ohm

how do you read that wouldnt it have to read

25 watts x 4 or

50 watts x 4

since 4 is the number of channels not 2 channel?
correct. If it is a 4 channel.

I don't know what speaker you are looking at but these are good, and a great price:

Aura 6900RPM 6" x 9" 2-way Coaxial Speaker Pair 269-185

fnd6xx.jpg
[/img]

i also found the same with this but i kinda get this since its just 2 channel

Rockford Fosgate Punch 400S 100W x 2 Car Amplifier at Crutchfield.com

100 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms

200 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms

400 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms in bridged mode

it means its 100 watts each channel when both are in use at 4ohm and 200 watts each channel when both are in use and 400 bridge but how do i read the rms on meach channel on mine when all four channels are in used or 3 or 2?

MTX decided to word it so it's F and R separately, even though they have the same power ratings. It's 25x2 @ 4 in the front and 25x2 @ 4 in the rear.
ok i get it now...1 more question how do i build a surface to place 4 6x9s on my back should i just lay the surface and mount the 6x9s or should i make like a type of box to house the 6x9s whould it make a difference in sound?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.