Water leaking in door panel

lolingirunarlol
10+ year member

Iceland
Hope this is the right place for this thread.

I am installing speakers in my doors next saturday.

I currently have no speakers in the doors, the stock speakers have been taken out.

i74i1h.jpg

This is a bad picture of the water that's lying on the botton of the door panel.

When I put my hand in there, one drop of water comes down where the speaker is going to be placed every 20-30 sec.

I dont know if my car leaks from the outside when it's raining, because when the new speakers were being fitted it was raining alot and

(they have been taken away, check my older thread if you're confused) the door was open and the inside of the door was wet(the interior of the door).

Is there anything I can do to prevent the water from dripping on the new speakers, or is this a minor problem?

I will spray the outside of the door with water tomorrow to check if the rain is the reason for this.

The water is most likely coming from your window gasket. Minor leaking is normal with a lot of vehicles. Something you just half to deal with unless you want to try and refabricate your window seal

you will always get water in the door - the window seals are not water tight. that is why the bottom has drain holes.

you just need to channel water around the opening. you can make a lip with deadener, use weathestripping foam, use a XTC foam baffle, anything to make a half circle channel on the top half of the speaker opening.

i can post pics of my process for doing this...

Don't cut it completely in half. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif You want a full seal between the speaker and door so the front flange is needed. Just remove the back and half of the cup so the speaker can breathe.

With that much water in the bottom of the door, it seems that the drain holes may be clogged.Prob need to look into that to unclog them before placing the speakers in,or make them larger/drill them out.Just an opinion.Thats alot of water.Recommend getting new door seals as well.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/boink.gif.91933e72f927f2cefc79aff02573090c.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.