What is a good amp for my subs?

Hey everyone, i just bought my first subs and i have no idea what kind of amp i should get. I have two 15in Q Power Black Mambas in a ported box.

Specs: (for one sub)

Max power: 1500 watts

RMS: 600 watts

Impedance: 2 X 4 ohms

Sensitivity: 91 dB/w/m

Frequency Response: 28-2000 Hz

Dual Voice Coil

Black Steel Basket

Dual Ferrite Magnet

Ploypropylene Cone

This was all the box said, theres a sheet with tons of specs and i dont know if they are needed but if so i can post. I just need help buying an amp for them!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy you this amp:

* AutoTek AT-2000.1 - Very Cheap - But It's EVERY BIT of GOOD! *

I pushed (6) 12" Hifonics HFI12Ds with it... ( running @ 1.3 ohm - It's 1 ohm stable )

AT-2000.jpg

There are a few amps on craigslist near me, and i was wondering if they were good for the money and right for my subs? If possible could you list them in order of better or worst for the money? Thanks everyone.

2 KICKER CVR 10's & INFINTY AMP ($150)

car amp ($50)

rims , subs ,amp ($175)

800 watt Kenwood car amp KAC-7210 ($65)

kenwood 800 watt 4channel amp ($125)

Hifonics Amp ($200)

two 3,000 watt competition Pioneer 12s ($140)

MEMPHIS AMP 16-MC500D ($85)

car audio ($95 for Legacy)==($45 for Valfinhagin)

Rockwood xplore amp 1400 watts 4 channel ($75)

1000 watt dual amp and/or a10f capacitor ($50) or ($100 for amp a 10f capacitor ?)

I really dont wanna spend over $100 but if its a good enough amp then i will so just line em up and help me out! thanks

Okay so, my girlfriend just decided to give me another 15in Kicker sub. The peak power for it is only 500 watts so you think those amps you listed above would power all of them? I really dont wanna spend over $125 but i guess ill consider it.

Okay so, my girlfriend just decided to give me another 15in Kicker sub. The peak power for it is only 500 watts so you think those amps you listed above would power all of them? I really dont wanna spend over $125 but i guess ill consider it.
Yes, they would but do not run different brand and model subs in the same install. In this case more would not equal better..

FYI: Autotek - MB Quartz - Crunch - Hifonics

... IS ALL THE SAME COMPANY!

The Autotek 2000.1 is a great amp...

... I used a CHEAP Pyramid Subwoofer Crossover to help the hertz boost out ( It costs: $17 on Ebay )

Amp cost: $114 - Crossover cost: $17 - TOTAL: $135 - Result: AMAZING BUDGET SETUP!

Same company yes same quality no. That Autotek will at best do 1000@1ohm (75a fusing) vs the MB quart that does 1500@1ohm (140a fusing) both cost the same so why would I buy the worst of the two??

Ok, so I have an 800 watt nitro amp powering 2 12 inch baja subwoofers with a ported box, and a 600 watt 4 channel sony explode amp powering 3 speakers all in a 1995 jeep. The original setup was 2 10 in jl subs with the 4 channel 600 watt sony (still only 3 speakers), and the 10's used to rattle and beat way harder than these 2 12's even seem capable of doing. I have an aftermarket sony deck, and the sony amp is connected to this as as well as the subs i think. I ran a blue power wire from the sony (600 watt) to the nitro (800 watt) and it turns on and everything and powers the subs. I also have a "Y Split" between the amps. The subs are connected to the 800 watt nitro. Now I did something wrong because (a) the older subs used to pound incredibly better (b) the right front right speaker plays when I turn the speaker settings all the way to the left, and © the front right speaker, (which is a 160 watt sony) is louder than the back two original speakers. I would really appreciate it if someone could share the knowledge that would save me money and time, and I would be forever grateful. I'm relatively new to the car audio scene, and helping me fix this would be greatly welcomed and not forgotten.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.