What are the laws against loud music exactly? I don't understand.

i live in Illinois and its a B**** i was goin down the higway and i got pulled over and got a $75 dollar ticket and no house within miles. cops pull you over all the time were im from, and your not even doin anyhting most the time!!!

Yep, scared me at first... but now I lower it when I'm near a police car or in an area I know it would annoy people in and I've been fine.
This should be done regardless of any ordinances that may or may not be currently applicable.

It's the people that refuse to be respectful of other people's right to a peaceful existence that have caused these laws to be enacted in the first place.

(If it wasn't a genuine problem then they'd have had no reason to address it to begin with...)

No dedicated shops around here...though I happen to know several people that may be willing to help and a place where we could work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Go to Tech, I assume?

You missed the TeamSSAudio meet yesterday, we had a handful of people from the forum here and over on http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com. We get together every now and then and shoot the **** and maybe get stuff done...go over and register on that forum if you haven't already, there are some good people in this area //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Actually I'm already a registered user on there, I just barely post. Any pics from the meet?

i just got my second ticket in about a month. the second one i had it turned down way before i pulled up to the cops. i got two cop cars for the first one and three for the second one. i still have to go to court but they didnt measure the volume or anything so well see what happens i guess...

i beat a ticket in tampa. the cop said it was me and i said prove it , there was 30 other cars around when you pulled me over , he speaks up and says i seen a huge woofer in the back of your vehicle when i walked up , well i have tinted windows and my woofer faced the rear door , and if you seen it you must have been searching my vehicle , without my consent , without probable cause , and without a warrant. so shall i call internal affairs and report an illegal search or can you just give me a verbal warning and let me be on my way. HA HA HA!!

another great on is when at home and cranking your home system , they have to stand on the property line with a db meter and record 65db for a constant 30 seconds. don't let them pull the "disturbing the peace" ****. they tried that a million times with me when the **** next door called. i actually called the police department while they were there and reported them for disturbing the peace. I was minding my own business listening to my favorite album when these guys knocked on my door and told me i had to turn my stereo off , well i was feeling very peaceful sitting here listening to music and they are disturbing that peace by forcing me to turn off my stereo. They left , with my music turned back up , gave me a "this mother****er is nuts" look and got in there cars and left.

another on if you have ***** ass neighbors that call cops for ******** , there is an exclusion on the books for "unamplified instruments" (i.e. Drums) , so i got my 3 year old a junior drum kit and let her close her door and beat the **** out of her drums , btw we lived in an apartment and her room was on the same wall as the neighbors bedroom. the cops used to come everyday , but instead of answering the door i would post a printed paper of the city ordinance on my door. when they got there they would read it and shake their heads and leave.

**** cops. i hate them all. FREE DONTAE!!!!!

**** here in north little rock the fine is $500. I got mine a couple months ago and when I went to court the cop said I was shaking the mirrors on his car. aint no way in hell my current setup was doing that. ended up with a $170 dollar fine and probation for a year. its ********

Depends on where you live. I live in subburbs in Va and the county I live in they dont play. You get fined and must appear in court, no paying the fine earlier either. If it was not your first offense, the fine goes up. Cop recently told me things like loud music, tint, anything like that are free money for the state. Most state budgets are hurting and this is just free revenue if you want to give it up. As much as I love my music, I understand it. I was sitting with my 5 year old in traffic and kid pulled up beside me hitting hard. That didnt bother me as much as all the cuss words on the song he was playing. I dont feel like explaining all the f bombs and n&*ger on the track to my son yet. I bang hard on the highway and in the city, but turn down at redlights and in neighborhoods.

It's a bad deal in alot of places, you can be responsible and be punished for a few idiots actions , I have talked to county and city leaders here recently , about a common sense approach to these type of noise ordanices, #1 I think you need places people can vent so to speak , main strips within resonable hours , parks, highways, interstates ,etc.

( similar to combating street racing by promoting open drag racing at local drag strips , they are going to do it anyway why not let them do it @ the track instead of on the street )

This would keep some of the problems out of the residential areas on the weekends, and if you mount a f**king speaker on the outside of your car anywhere and you are not driving an ice cream truck , they ought to fine the h*ll out of you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.