What are the laws against loud music exactly? I don't understand.

45auto
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I got pulled over once for playing music too loud, but I was on a main street, which wasn't too close to residences, and I thought it would be ok to play music loud there, but the Police thought not.

Fortunately they let me go, but he told me I could have gotten a $50 ticket for it.

Where can we play music??? And what law is it that we are breaking when we crank the volume up?

Thanks, that ***** for St. Louie, but I want to know about the laws in most regular cities besides St Louis.
Same applies for where I live aswell. Except I got charged 100 bucs for playing it on a main street nowhere near houses. After every time ive been pulled over, they advise me if I want to go blow my brains out, then get on the highway.

pretty much in my town they have tighten up on systems, had to put my bass knob in so i can turn the bass off when my radar starts goin crazy, but i blame the teeny boppers in town that drive threw resdential neighborhoods at 12-1 am banging their music cuz they think it's funny, a local shop has paper clipping and tickets from customers that think it's cool to blast their crap, and it makes people who don't abuse their systems look bad, its so bad in my town a cop threatened to write me up cuz i was showing a friend my new setup and he was in the parking lot, he said that i better watch myself when playing my music, then said i can tell from looking at it that it looks loud....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i myself don't blare my system, only when some idiot sounding like a tin can pulls up next to me and thinks they are louder...

the laws really aren't all that strict out here unless you are on the strip, because around there the metro bike cops don't have anything else better to do, a friend of mine said that the law is if they can hear your music from 75 feet away then you get a $100 ticket or so, I'm not sure, but I usually turn my music down when stopped at intersections and I always have my window rolled up, I don't want to bother anyone, on another note, on many occasions I have noticed when I do have my music pounding at a red light I'll look at my rear view mirror and notice the person behind me appear like they are writing something down, do you think that could indicate they want to report me for noise pollution? any of you noticed this happening to you?

the laws really aren't all that strict out here unless you are on the strip, because around there the metro bike cops don't have anything else better to do, a friend of mine said that the law is if they can hear your music from 75 feet away then you get a $100 ticket or so, I'm not sure, but I usually turn my music down when stopped at intersections and I always have my window rolled up, I don't want to bother anyone, on another note, on many occasions I have noticed when I do have my music pounding at a red light I'll look at my rear view mirror and notice the person behind me appear like they are writing something down, do you think that could indicate they want to report me for noise pollution? any of you noticed this happening to you?

LOL...

No, I can't usually see anyone behind me when playing music, the rear view mirror vibrates too much, but I've never seen anyone writing anything behind me when the mirror isn't shaking...

I think you're just paranoid dude... LOL.

i saw that once too...actually twice....someone was writing somethign a piece of paper on her steering wheel.....but my friends have gotten pulled over for music, my car is pretty damm solid so even at full tilt and 140+ db at low notes its not soo loud outisde the car, but a ton of flexxx

Ehhh i pissed off a rocker dude in front of me the other day with my windows up, bass knob a quarter of the way and eveything... he looked back, flipped me off then turned around, of course i had to roll the windows down and turn the "magic knob" up....

He was kinda, kinda mad.

haha I had to!

-Blake

and i got called on when I was makin the vid thats on ROE the other day, I was in an abandoned church lot with nobody around far away from my house, and yet i still had the cops come to my house

not one, but two cars

-Blake

and i got called on when I was makin the vid thats on ROE the other day, I was in an abandoned church lot with nobody around far away from my house, and yet i still had the cops come to my housenot one, but two cars

-Blake

That *****... No one was around, how did the Cops get your license plate number?

What did they say to you?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif check this out lol

The music gets so loud, said Alderman Dionne Flowers, that when "you're in bed, you fall out."

rofllmao

In the state of Florida...if your music can be heard from 25ft away, they can pull you over and give you a $75 ticket, your first time. Here in Miami they don't make such a big deal about it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.