what amp brands put out true rms and great sq?

lanzar opti drive amps are american brick houses amazing amps
They haven't been made in USA since the early 90's. Still not bad for Korean mid-fi

well people say you get what you pay for but i'm looking at the audioque aq1200d and it's only $269 which isn't bad at all in my opinion. i have never dealt with any of the higher end brands for amps like audioque. should i just go with the aq1200d? would it be reliable? would it be pretty well rounded in the sense that i could use it for testing small and big setups? also, would it put out clean power and also put out the power that its rated for? i'm liking this amp
Audioque 1200d is same board as the MB quart 1500.1, Sundown SAE 1200D, and IIRC one of the Hifonics amps. I suspect the DC 1.2K is the same thing and probably a handfull of others. AQ seems to be competitive prices and those amps are decent for the money.

I personally would buy a Soundstream TN1.1200D or PPI Phantom D1000.1. These share the same board. It's an honestly rated amp that will give 1000watt RMS power with 2ohm impedance and about 600 at 4ohm (there is a discrepancy in power output ratings because the PPI was supposedly underrated by an accident). I'd suggest this over MB Quart, Hifonics or their derivatives. If you head unit can send only stereo signal on subwoofer outs (like many Kenwood excelon), then this could be a problem because MB Quarts do not sum their left and right signal, requiring using an rca splitter (see the quart manual on this). I have some SQ recordings, where, to my ear, left and right signal is different even in bass region, so I wouldn't want to throw away something from bass frequency response by using just one channel for subwoofer amp input.

Nothing Wrong with Lanzar Opti amps at all..Id run that before Id run the MB, or Cadence,or Audiopipes..Lanzar Opti amps are great amps
lanzar opti over mb, cadence, audiopipe except the cadence a7hc i posted. thats a legendary cheater amp designed by steve manntz of zed audio. built in america amazing amp. i have owned many and one of my fav of all time.

lanzar opti over mb, cadence, audiopipe except the cadence a7hc i posted. thats a legendary cheater amp designed by steve manntz of zed audio. built in america amazing amp. i have owned many and one of my fav of all time.
I believe hes talking about the older lanzar amps. like the 2500 optidrive and others

I am in the same boat. I have a Sundown SA-8 2ohm DVC, and I need a small (under my pass seat of Jeep Cherokee) powerfull amp that does not draw a lot of power and is 1ohm stable.

I am almost 100% sold on the Earthquake MiNi D2000. I like that it is effcient, small (ish), not too expensive, and when I called Earthquake, Boom: Answered the phone and my questions about build quality. They said this amp is assembled here in the US, and I know that's not the same as built here, but it's still kind of good.

I haven't been into car audio since 1996, so I am trying to learn what is right or wrong. I used to have a 1993 Mustang hatch with 2 Hollywood Excursion 12" pushed by a 2400W Power Aucustic amp. It did 147.3dB on the dash.

Obviously I want the most bass possible, but I also need the amp to be small and powerful. Thanks for your help.

BA

I am in the same boat. I have a Sundown SA-8 2ohm DVC, and I need a small (under my pass seat of Jeep Cherokee) powerfull amp that does not draw a lot of power and is 1ohm stable.
I am almost 100% sold on the Earthquake MiNi D2000. I like that it is effcient, small (ish), not too expensive, and when I called Earthquake, Boom: Answered the phone and my questions about build quality. They said this amp is assembled here in the US, and I know that's not the same as built here, but it's still kind of good.

I haven't been into car audio since 1996, so I am trying to learn what is right or wrong. I used to have a 1993 Mustang hatch with 2 Hollywood Excursion 12" pushed by a 2400W Power Aucustic amp. It did 147.3dB on the dash.

Obviously I want the most bass possible, but I also need the amp to be small and powerful. Thanks for your help.

BA
MMATS Amplifier Class D D1600.0 1ohm stable | eBay

much better amp and deal

^^ Does this amp require me upgrading my battery and alternator? What kind of power can I expect at 1ohm?
Battery and Big 3 first to reduce voltage drops. Then the alternator if those two aren't enough. 1150 @ 13.8 volts.

sir if you want a general amp i would get a jblp power 1200 for one reason it runs at 1 ohm and 2 ohm final load with the same power. so if you are testing subs out you will have a lot more options.
JBL BP1200 Amplifier | eBay

JBL Power Series BP-1200.1 600W x 1 Mono Subwoofer Amp at Crutchfield.com

underrated amp that does 1200 plus watts at 1 ohm and 2 ohm.
I just saw that on ebay today before seeing this posting..Thats a great amp,and a small footprint,and getting hard to find,especially in that prestine condition

nothing compares to a Zed made amp in my opinion,,I collect Zed amps,Mainly Autoteck BTS series,and white Mean Machines,and Hifonics VII/VIII series amps..Im running 2-BTS Bass Thrust 7150s on 4-1k 10s@2ohms, and head room to spare..love em:santa:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.