what amp brands put out true rms and great sq?

my jbl crown bpx1100.... does 1180 @4-1 ohm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

My JBL/Crown A6000gti does 8000W @ 4 ohms.... well actually right now it's in Tacoma being repaired, but it has and it will again.

OP, Massachusetts craigslist is terrible. Avoid at all costs. There's one guy on there that has some decent equipment, but the prices aren't amazing and it's all pretty high end stuff so may be more than you care to spend.

If you think an amp is worth looking at, use the search function here. Many make rated power, many do not. ANYTHING you'll find local almost without exception will be overpriced.

My JBL/Crown A6000gti does 8000W @ 4 ohms.... well actually right now it's in Tacoma being repaired, but it has and it will again.
OP, Massachusetts craigslist is terrible. Avoid at all costs. There's one guy on there that has some decent equipment, but the prices aren't amazing and it's all pretty high end stuff so may be more than you care to spend.

If you think an amp is worth looking at, use the search function here. Many make rated power, many do not. ANYTHING you'll find local almost without exception will be overpriced.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

oh okay, i just don't want an amp that will do way less than what it's rated for. hifonics has amazing prices and they always stay cold but i've heard they do way less than rated. honestly, i have no idea what brands to look at. the ones that were mentioned above i checked out the other day but prices are crazy but i guess the higher the quality, the higher the price. all i need is one solid amp to use for most applications
like i said getting a good 1000@ 2ohms and 1200-1500 @1 will go a loooong way. I'm saying 1 ohm stable so you can get a D2 sub and still power it. Makes sure you get over 1000@2 and 1200 or more @ 1 and you're good.

I've heard different things about Hifonics. A friend of mine bought one off ebay (i think bxi1200d that he swore by. About a year and a half ago people on here loved the MB Quart Discus DSC1500.1. I heard the Onyx line is pretty good (cheap too) sonic has a 1600.1d for $180.

HIFONICS and MB QUART are both made by Maxxxonics btw

Also ppl here love the Audioque aq1200 and i think it's $230?, sundown anything, those JL slashes (not cheap, but take out like all guesswork so putting them in is easy)

Alpine PDX (D2 and D4 same power similar to the JLS) also

Rockfords are very good.

JBL's do work

ppl were saying decent things about Audiopipe a while ago...(i'm not cosigning this one though)

basically steer clear of Lanzars, Boss, Powerbass, Soundstorm, The one with the spiderweb, and bootybuttcheeksaudio

there are a LOT of good brands out there, you get what you pay for, but you can always find something in your budget if you go used, search around here in the amplifier discussion and classifieds section and you will find out what's good and bad soon enough, there are tons of these threads //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

well people say you get what you pay for but i'm looking at the audioque aq1200d and it's only $269 which isn't bad at all in my opinion. i have never dealt with any of the higher end brands for amps like audioque. should i just go with the aq1200d? would it be reliable? would it be pretty well rounded in the sense that i could use it for testing small and big setups? also, would it put out clean power and also put out the power that its rated for? i'm liking this amp

like i said getting a good 1000@ 2ohms and 1200-1500 @1 will go a loooong way. I'm saying 1 ohm stable so you can get a D2 sub and still power it. Makes sure you get over 1000@2 and 1200 or more @ 1 and you're good.
I've heard different things about Hifonics. A friend of mine bought one off ebay (i think bxi1200d that he swore by. About a year and a half ago people on here loved the MB Quart Discus DSC1500.1. I heard the Onyx line is pretty good (cheap too) sonic has a 1600.1d for $180.

Also ppl here love the Audioque aq1200 and i think it's $230?, sundown anything, those JL slashes (not cheap, but take out like all guesswork so putting them in is easy)

Rockfords are very good.

JBL's do work

ppl were saying decent things about Audiopipe a while ago...(i'm not cosigning this one though)

basically steer clear of Lanzars, Boss, Powerbass, Soundstorm, The one with the spiderweb, and bootybuttcheeksaudio
Powerbass makes legendary amplifiers! Not kidding either. All of their amps do rated and are built sturdy as all hell

Rockfords are very good.

JBL's do work

lanzar opti drive amps are american brick houses amazing amps

Nothing Wrong with Lanzar Opti amps at all..Id run that before Id run the MB, or Cadence,or Audiopipes..Lanzar Opti amps are great amps

well people say you get what you pay for but i'm looking at the audioque aq1200d and it's only $269 which isn't bad at all in my opinion. i have never dealt with any of the higher end brands for amps like audioque. should i just go with the aq1200d? would it be reliable? would it be pretty well rounded in the sense that i could use it for testing small and big setups? also, would it put out clean power and also put out the power that its rated for? i'm liking this amp
AQ is good, I ran a AQ 2200D for several years without any issues.

i've heard everyones opinions and the one that i really like is that aq1200d. decent price, power around what i need, i might get it. that collection of old school amps is awesome btw

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.