What 8" sub

I vote SSA FL8 but to be honest haven’t tried SSA subs yet but I’ve been following them for years. Still waiting for a subwoofer like the old DCON to become available again.

I vote SSA FL8 but to be honest haven’t tried SSA subs yet but I’ve been following them for years. Still waiting for a subwoofer like the old DCON to become available again.
So since the SSA FL8 is so new still and very people have tested them, how can you base on something out of thin air w/o having listened for yourself or even owned any?? To me, that's a poor decision. No way am I disagreeing with SSA and I'm willing to bet it'll do well but that's like suggesting something to someone I myself haven't had.

I would much rather ask someone about a sub I may be interested in buying and ask those who have either had it or own one currently.

But but but Grandpa said he saw someone else say that someone they knew, knew someone that liked them.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

Sonofabitch. Now I gotta drive with one hand on the steering wheel and the other on my amps.

So since the SSA FL8 is so new still and very people have tested them, how can you base on something out of thin air w/o having listened for yourself or even owned any?? To me, that's a poor decision. No way am I disagreeing with SSA and I'm willing to bet it'll do well but that's like suggesting something to someone I myself haven't had.
I would much rather ask someone about a sub I may be interested in buying and ask those who have either had it or own one currently.
Correct, and that is why I wrote that I haven’t tried it myself so that the OP new my opinion was worth less. You did say yourself

No way am I disagreeing with SSA and I'm willing to bet it'll do well
and that is how I feel about their subwoofers too because I did say
I’ve been following them for a long time
Now we all know that Denim has been around the car audio business for a long time and we all know SSA makes very good and solid subwoofers. So you see Boomin_tahoe, the way I see it is SSA has a reputation for making awesome subwoofers with the highest quality for good prices and they have a reputation such that I personally feel they deserve my recommendation even though I haven’t tried them myself because I feel the good people at SSA have integrity. So to the OP there are very few vendors where I would make this recommendation and SSA is one of them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

All I can say is different strokes for different folks. Since the arrival of the X series from Sundown Audio, I have found/read very few people that disliked the sound of them. While others have praised them up and down. In conclusion, Jcsaudio, many people have diff tastes in audio, bass, SQ, loudness, etc. I'm still keeping an eye open for the SSA 8 incher to pop up on youtube.

The Dcon prototype is essentially done, just saving money to put into production.

All I can say is different strokes for different folks. Since the arrival of the X series from Sundown Audio, I have found/read very few people that disliked the sound of them. While others have praised them up and down. In conclusion, Jcsaudio, many people have diff tastes in audio, bass, SQ, loudness, etc. I'm still keeping an eye open for the SSA 8 incher to pop up on youtube.
A guy who reviews only 8" subs, has said this is at the top and one of his all time favorites for 8" subs. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

A guy who reviews only 8" subs, has said this is at the top and one of his all time favorites for 8" subs. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Right on. Was this in comparison of the brands we are all familiar with?

It wouldn't be the guy with the initials MB would it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.