Weird, at least for me.

Participant count
  • Participant list

supereikenator
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So I have an older Aluminum coned Rockford Fosgate T1 that I bought off of this website from a highly rated seller. I'm going to wire it in and running + to + and - to - for a final ohm load of 2 (it's a dual 4) issue is, it only works when I wire one coil and one either positive or negative, when I connect both it stops. Both coils are good, as I've tried each by itself and they work. This same configuration works on my Memphis C3, just not the Rockford, why would it be doing this? Solutions?

Alright, so I got it working before I had to go to work, for maybe 5 minutes, it sounded awesome, but now my amp goes into protect everytime I turn it above 12(out of 35) the wires are all snug. What is causing that? A short?

If both coils work on their own they should work parallel or series provided your amp will drive that load. If it does not your wiring to the subs is wrong or your load is too low for your amp.

If both coils work on their own they should work parallel or series provided your amp will drive that load. If it does not your wiring to the subs is wrong or your load is too low for your amp.
It should be (+) to (+) and (-) to (-) my sub is a dual 4, same as the Memphis, my amp runs just fine on a 2 ohm load. I'm certainly confused.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.