Subwoofer Heart Beat and Buzzing

Participant count
  • Participant list

Peggle

Hello all,

I'm sure your all happy to see me again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif but I seem to have run into another couple of problems. I still have my same setup (2 12" rockford fosgates p3s w/ stock HU and boss ph3000 amp) and now just like 10 minutes ago my subs stopped working mid song and just started beating slowly like a heart. It does this even with no song playing and with the car off. I read somewhere that it might be the ground, but I quickly checked over everything and everything seemed to be in order. I wired my power cable on the opposite side of the RCAS so there is no interference that I'm aware of. Also my subs have been slightly buzzing at low volumes, but when I turn it up the bass overpowers the buzzing and you can't hear it but you can still hear it if you concentrate on it. The buzzing happens when the bass hits but as I stated before u can mainly hear it at low volumes... If anyone can help me with these problems it'd be greatly appreciated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smokin.gif.f1dc8d2acb1809e863ebd6a47eaa0d45.gif

Bad amp, a amp i had gave out on me had similar problems, with nothing playing it would just continuously play a single note, someone on here told me it is probably a output circuit short, sure enough i took my amp to a repair shop and it had a short on the output... im not saying you have the exact same problem but this is similar to what happened to one of my amps.

Bad amp, a amp i had gave out on me had similar problems, with nothing playing it would just continuously play a single note, someone on here told me it is probably a output circuit short, sure enough i took my amp to a repair shop and it had a short on the output... im not saying you have the exact same problem but this is similar to what happened to one of my amps.
Oh man am I happy to hear that, my amp is still in an 8 day money back guarantee and I've been dying to take that POS back lmao, I'll take it in to my local audio shop and see what the deal is, hopefully I can get a new amp before it's too late haha

Oh man am I happy to hear that, my amp is still in an 8 day money back guarantee and I've been dying to take that POS back lmao, I'll take it in to my local audio shop and see what the deal is, hopefully I can get a new amp before it's too late haha
try and get a refund... buddy got a powerbass amp and it fried on him, voltage regulator went out poor guy, so fried up his amp, they replaced it and gave him a new receipt, he took it back nib and got a refund, im not sure how it would work at the shop you got it but i'd ditch that boss, hifonics is your best if on a budget, even audiopipe

try and get a refund... buddy got a powerbass amp and it fried on him, voltage regulator went out poor guy, so fried up his amp, they replaced it and gave him a new receipt, he took it back nib and got a refund, im not sure how it would work at the shop you got it but i'd ditch that boss, hifonics is your best if on a budget, even audiopipe
ye ive been taking a lot of crap here recently for my boss purchase so im going to go all out on my next amp, maybe go with rockford fosgate since their subs are ridiculously good. I just hope the amp is broken //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif

ye ive been taking a lot of crap here recently for my boss purchase so im going to go all out on my next amp, maybe go with rockford fosgate since their subs are ridiculously good. I just hope the amp is broken //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif
dpnt use the primes, horrible tiny amps

now what about the buzzing, i solved the heartbeat problem but im still in the dark about the buzzing thats going on. I believe that its coming from the speakers but i cant pinpoint it exactly since i sealed my box really good and theres no slack in the speaker wires

You've still got a lot to learn //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

You've still got a lot to learn //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
lmao come on work with me here... let me rephrase that, theyre ridiculously good for $180 or whatever i payed for them. They were really good even with that **** amp haha

what amp would you recommend, my p3s are 600rms each with 1200W max each
mainstream i will now only go with the kicker zx amps, the 1500 is pretty dam good just not the price, go with a saz 1500 im sure theres on here in the classifieds

lmao come on work with me here... let me rephrase that, theyre ridiculously good for $180 or whatever i payed for them. They were really good even with that **** amp haha
Can do better for $180 or less new, and especially if you buy used.

Can do better for $180 or less new, and especially if you buy used.
i dont buy used subs no matter what, dont ask why, i just dont //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

so... about the buzzing now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif:confused://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

i dont buy used subs no matter what, dont ask why, i just dont //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif 

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

so... about the buzzing now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif:confused://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Figure out where it's coming from. First you said it was the sub, then you said it might be the speakers, and it also might be some panels rattling around. Play some music and crawl around back there and figure out where it's coming from.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.