Waterproofing MDF sub box....

Yeah, the hardener is for the resin, regardless of whether or not glass mat (or anything else) is used.

But its an understandable question, Ive seen it asked before. I even forgot to add hardener when I put resin on the inside of my last box. It stunk for a month or two, bad. Don't forget hardener. lol

thats just going to kep the insode waterproof and keep it from swelling if there are any leaks.

if its ported id resin the inside.

if its sealed, i wouldnt worry about it.

Got it. One more question, this resin is taking like 10-14hrs to cure and even then its still lightly tacky. What am i doing wrong? I used more than enough cure mixed in. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Got it. One more question, this resin is taking like 10-14hrs to cure and even then its still lightly tacky. What am i doing wrong? I used more than enough cure mixed in. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Something is SERIOUSLY wrong if it is taking that long to harden. What is the temperature and humidity where you are working? Under normal conditions, if you mixed the resin and hardner as per the generic specs of the manufacturer your coats should be dry in no more than 30 minutes to 1 hour or so, and ready for sanding. When i did this to my boxes, I gave them 4 good coats of resin on the outside, sanding between each of course and one good coat on the inside, then paint. This was a great project and i learned a lot. Let me know if there is anything i can do to help. I have attached pics of mine.

A

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.