Waterproofing speakers in my door

Yeah I guess I could have stacked them on top of each other it's made to sticky side stick them to each other and built it up.

I was able to find a way to cut it the foam that I had the panel seems to click on and stay on I just have to make sure that it's completely sealing up and then hopefully this little episode will be over with and I can move on.

With the problems I'm running into cuz I really never did this before having to solve all these issues getting frustrated is taking a lot of time.

I was going to try to mold and do the popsicle sticks in the hot glue on my a-pillar I think I'm going to pass I think this project has just dragging on and dragging on and dragging on and I really just want to get it done and enjoy my music in my car.

I think I'm either just going to drill a hole in the dash and mount them in the dash or I'm going to buy those pods from the German guy and call it a freaking day.

I haven't even installed the amp I haven't even run the power wire because I need to make a humongous hole in my firewall so I still got to deal with that then I got the whole tuning issue so I think it's going to be too much probably the quickest easiest way to get it over with is just or is it pods from the guy in Germany and be done enjoy it for 6 months whatever I could always come back and mold my a pillars at another time.

Also I ran into another issue I solved one thanks to you guys with the 90° RCA cable adapters well now I'm going to have to get 90° 1/0 wire connectors to the amp because I'm going to run into the same problem with that those are going to stick way out and you can't bend them that much so I'm going to have to find 90° 1/0 connectors to go into my amp for the ground and the power wire.

Sometimes now I wish I had a bigger car a truck or something besides this car I love my little Fiat but it's one pain in the ass to put a car stereo into.

I cant find the crossover points or frequency responce of each
Sony XS-163ES, nothing on crutchfield, nothing on Sonys website, weird there is nothing, i need to for starting points to set crossovers. There is nothing in the manual either, Sony is not on top of it.

Yes got the foam all fixed for the doors.

I cant find the crossover points or frequency responce of each
Sony XS-163ES, nothing on crutchfield, nothing on Sonys website, weird there is nothing, i need to for starting points to set crossovers. There is nothing in the manual either, Sony is not on top of it.

Yes got the foam all fixed for the doors.
Good Deal on the Doors!!!
A quick Search and I was able to find the FR in the Specs for those speakers.. 40HTZ on up

Yes i found that too, but it dont break down each speaker, midrange FR ? tweeter FR ? midbass FR ? it just gives a general overview of the range not each speaker.

On crutchfield someone else asked this question in september and Sony never sent a answer, so the information is not available.

I will call sony tomorrow and see if they even have the info.

6.5 mid 80-300
Midrange 300-3k
Tweeter 3k and up.

The tweeter should easily play down to 2500hz if you do choose and the midbass can play up to 2500hz as well but I'm being conservative. The mid range allows the midbass to be crossed low on the low pass filter which let's it sound cleaner but the midbass doesn't have to have the midrange they just complement themselves.

The Sony cross over sets the tweeter up at 3500hz but that's rather high in my opinion

I'm assuming I would be setting either Butterworth or Lesinski probably spelled the last one wrong something like that anyways my point is I probably be setting it at 24 DB curve?.

I have watched a few videos on the Helix software.

Bluetooth is arriving tomorrow I'll install that hopefully, my car is about 25 ft 30 ft outside my bedroom window and I'll be able to tune it over Bluetooth over my Windows 10 computer I don't have a laptop.

If all goes well which I doubt it hopefully Saturday I will be turning it all on for the first time.

Wish me luck I'm going to try to fit the door panels on since I cut the foam down redid the back of the door panel also going out now hopefully they just click on and I can move forward.

Well the door panels will not go on just for kicks I took the foam off the speaker I took the foam off the back of the door panel so there is no foam it's just a speaker mounted to the door. The panel will still not go on it's hitting something it's either the soundproofing treatment I put around to plug all the holes up or it's the white door speaker spacer that I made. The 8-in ring is hitting something and not allowing the panel to go on so now I'm going to pull the speaker completely off pull the white speaker ring off and start from scratch.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...