Waterproofing speakers in my door

Going to skip the door panels wasting too much time on the panels need to get the hole drilled to feed the 1/0 wire into my car get the amp installed get it all wired up deal with the door things at the end.

In playing with it with no foam nothing on I actually now don't even think it's the white door speaker spacer I made. When I put the door panel on with a speaker is when I push it clicks in and stays but the right side of the door panel towards the end of the door pops loose when I pop the right side back in the left side with the speaker pops back out so it's hitting something somewhere in the middle that's forcing it to wear one side will click in but it pops the other side out now I'm starting to think it's got to be some of this soundproofing that I put over those holes it's not allowing the door panel to go all the way back on that's my latest idea.

If you look in the photo above the speaker straight up and slightly to the right you will see some tears in the foam like from repeatedly trying to put the panel in that might be where it's hitting and it's making an impression there but this phone is only like 3 mm thick it seems hard to believe that that would stop it from clicking back in but it could be cuz I'm wondering where is that impression coming from that impression is there for a reason.

Attachments

• 16675005117835348019689965055294.jpg
    16675005117835348019689965055294.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 21
I guess probably the smartest thing to do is take the speaker off take the door ring off the white spacer you see in the photo then try to put the panel on if the panel clicks on then and there are no issues obviously it's the speaker spacer.

I think it's the white ring the spacer that I built to bump the speaker out I think it's that because the original way they mounted the speaker they didn't have a full circle like that there was only a full circle with a speaker went in the rest had three mounting points around the outside circle but they were all cut away in between the mounting point so it ended up kind of looking like a triangle I think that's what the problem is I'm going to have to take it off and trim the edges of it away or just make a new speaker spacer ring.

When I had the jbl's in my car mounted to the door they came with a plastic mounting bracket I had no issues whatsoever this is what the bracket looks like you will see how the mounting points pull away from the circle the overall circle is much smaller than what I made currently which I'm thinking is the problem I may have to copy this design but stick with the same thickness that I have in my wood spacer ring.

I may have to just duplicate this but make it thicker make it a half inch thick which means I could just take the current ones out of the door and cut the outer part of the circle off.

Attachments

• 16675101251368407065738624603719.jpg
    16675101251368407065738624603719.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 19
I've used them. Highly recommend for tight spaces

Just got mine today, here is the problem the long ones are still a 1/4 inch short of missing the short ones. They dont work they hit eachother . I read some of the reviews TO LATE, that the long ones are not long enough and its true there is no way to make it work with 6 channels they hit eachother, back they go.

I will say the quality is excellent, very well made and fit tight.

Unless im missing something here there is no way to make it work.

I just tried every possiable way and its impossiable, maybe 4 channels you might get away with it, 6 channel no way at all to make it work. Just have to bend the rcas as much as i can and zip tie them. Im going to 90 degree the power and ground wire and that should give me just enough room under the seat.

Got a question for anybody around my Helix DSP says I have to connect a output wire to the amplifier is that what it's going to trigger my amplifier to turn on once the signal goes into the Helix it goes out of the Helix and tell the amplifier to turn on?.

I just had my remote turn on wire coming from my head unit before into my amplifier didn't have a DSP in the mix so I'm guessing the signal is going to hit the DSP first of course and then the DSP is going to tell the amplifier to turn on.

So I'm guessing it's backwards I don't need the remote turn them wire coming from my head unit anymore I just need one going from the helix to the amplifier and that's it?

Last edited:
Hey guys decided to sell my sundown audio 2,000.6 salt amplifier and I'm also selling my helix DSP 3s send me a PM if you're interested.

Decided to simplify things amplifiers too big for the car things are getting too complicated just going to go with the Sony crossovers and a small little five channel amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...