Waterproofing speakers in my door

BRAND NEW
HELIX BT HD - DSP.2 / DSP.3

HIGH DEFINITION BLUETOOTH 5.0 AUDIO STREAMING MODULE

HELIX HEC BT HD

Wireless audio streaming in HD quality via Bluetooth®

The extension card BT HD extends your HELIX device with a Bluetooth® audio streaming function in HD quality with up to 576 kbps and 24 Bit/48 kHz sampling rate thanks to BT5.0+EDR standard. The module supports the SBC, AAC, aptX & aptX HD audio codec. Additionally, the module is equipped with an optical digital output in SPDIF format.

High Definition audio

Thanks to the support of the Qualcomm® aptX™ HD audio codec, wireless and constant audio transmission in HD quality is possible. Furthermore, the direct signal transmission of the digital signals from the BT HD module to the DSP without additional AD-DA conversion allows lossless audio processing and thus outstanding sound performance.

Full control

The HEC BT HD supports control commands like play/pause, track forward/back, connect, pairing and disconnect of a connected DSP remote control (e.g. CONDUCTOR and DIRECTOR). The DIRECTOR's display also shows you the current artist & title as well as the currently used audio codec.

Wireless DSP tuning

The increased data transmission of the BT5.0 standard in combination with the DSP PC-Tool software V5 (coming in beginning of 2022) and a PC with Bluetooth® wireless technology allows wireless configuration of all DSP devices with ACO platform. A cumbersome connection via USB cable is now a thing of the past.

Everything included

For seamless installation, a device-specific side panel and a high-quality antenna for maximum transmission quality are, of course, included in the scope of delivery.

Well I'm about reach the end of my rope trying to put these door panels back on have them snapped on temporarily took them off to do something else tried to put them back on now been messing with them for 3 hours and cannot get them to snap back on they do snap back on but they keep popping off.

The top of the door panel that lines up with the top of the door along the edge where the window goes it's not sitting in the right position I think I'm to the point where I'm going to take my car in and pay somebody to finish it.

Well I'm about reach the end of my rope trying to put these door panels back on have them snapped on temporarily took them off to do something else tried to put them back on now been messing with them for 3 hours and cannot get them to snap back on they do snap back on but they keep popping off.

The top of the door panel that lines up with the top of the door along the edge where the window goes it's not sitting in the right position I think I'm to the point where I'm going to take my car in and pay somebody to finish it.
I usually step back.. Maybe have a beer and a cigg., and try again. Look at everything and take it a bit slower

Yeah I need to do something because it's just not going to stay on and I know it's the foam around the speaker because the whole door panel sits at an angle the speaker grill some parts of the foam need to be thicker than the other which just makes it that much harder.

I'm going to go take an hour break come back finish out the day if I cannot get it on I'm going to take it to a shop a stereo place and have them get my panels back on and do whatever they got to do to make it work.

Yeah I need to do something because it's just not going to stay on and I know it's the foam around the speaker because the whole door panel sits at an angle the speaker grill some parts of the foam need to be thicker than the other which just makes it that much harder.

I'm going to go take an hour break come back finish out the day if I cannot get it on I'm going to take it to a shop a stereo place and have them get my panels back on and do whatever they got to do to make it work.
You may just have to remove the Foam surround on the speaker?? To get the Door panel back on. Maybe use a thinner, more flexible giving foam even?

It's 1 in thick foam what I really need is about 3/4 of an inch or 13/16 stick foam that would work I've tried heating up a knife I've tried everything to cut it it's a nightmare to cut this stuff I've searched Amazon I've searched everywhere I cannot find a thinner foam that already comes in a circle made for speakers.

It's 1 in thick foam what I really need is about 3/4 of an inch or 13/16 stick foam that would work I've tried heating up a knife I've tried everything to cut it it's a nightmare to cut this stuff I've searched Amazon I've searched everywhere I cannot find a thinner foam that already comes in a circle made for speakers.
You can simply buy 1/2"-3/8" window foam from H.Depot and make yourself. Its just Foam. Use Alcohol to clean off the surface when applying it and cut at 45* to interlock fairly decent to seal the gap

Are you talking like a roll of foam with sticky stuff on it cuz I've been to home Depot and they basically only have like weather stripping type foam that has a peel off back kind of in a roll.

Are you talking like a roll of foam with sticky stuff on it cuz I've been to home Depot and they basically only have like weather stripping type foam that has a peel off back kind of in a roll.

Yes that foam exactly. I've been telling you repeatedly about that foam.

Whole section to choose from. And normally you don't buy premade rings you just make your own

Here's part of the problem the speaker mounted to my car door when you put the door panel back on and you look through the speaker grill the speaker is not centered with the grill it's way more to the left and it's not centered vertically either.

This is why I have to have a piece of foam that's it at least one inch wide to be able to seal the opening off.

I've been to home Depot I've seen what you're talking about the reason I already bought the speaker rings that are already made is because they have a 1 inch ring around them which allows for the offset of the speaker not being centered and it still seals.

I think at this point I may need to pull the speakers cut the center hole in the speaker spacer I made bigger so I can shift the speaker around and get it centered which will make it much easier to seal if it's centered.

I have tried multiple ways of cutting the current foam I have you can't cut it it just tears it up even if you heat the blade up the s*** is impossible to cut.

Yes that foam exactly. I've been telling you repeatedly about that foam.

Whole section to choose from. And normally you don't buy premade rings you just make your own

Yeah I'll have to go find some foam somewhere the stuff at home Depot is not going to work it's not wide enough. I'll have to go to a craft store hobby store somewhere that sells foam and cut out my own.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...