19mm MDF or 12mm marine plywood for sub box?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Drifter mike

CarAudio.com Recruit
Greece
Hello guys,
I had on mind making a 250 watt RMS subwoofer ported box from 19mm MDF but recently i found in my house some 12mm marine plywood. So i say to use the plywood for my sub box as i will save about 20-30 euros and also the box is not gona be as heavy as the MDF box. What do you say? Actually what's the best option for the best sound quality between those 2 types of wood?

Hello guys,
I had on mind making a 250 watt RMS subwoofer ported box from 19mm MDF but recently i found in my house some 12mm marine plywood. So i say to use the plywood for my sub box as i will save about 20-30 euros and also the box is not gona be as heavy as the MDF box. What do you say? Actually what's the best option for the best sound quality between those 2 types of wood?
I say go for it. Just add some kind of bracing to the bigger panels. Some old home speaker boxes were made of 3/8" mdf. Maybe not even mdf, some of it looked like chipboard (kind of like fine osb).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...