Wall build

even if its a s-10 , a wall for just 4 12''s is prob too much work and space unless you are runnin big 12''s requiring alot of power and cu. ft. like bout 3' per sub . what all are you goin to run

yes building is easy but why wall off a vehicle if youre using 4 xpold 12s or something that doesnt require it . that wouldnt be worth it price wise in comparison . it was a simple question of what type of subs, how much power , and if its going to be a spl design for the meter or all music. all these make a huge difference

You dont need super ****** subs to put in a wall, you work with what you can afford and maximize the quality of the install to get the most out of what you have to work with. Then you upgrade as your budget or listening perferences motivate you to.

not meaning to thread-jack, but you posters seem knowledgeable about building walls in vehicles. I have a 99 Oldsmobile 88 and I'm considering walling off my whole backseat area. I only need the driver's seat anyhow. Anyway I already have a AB HD15 and an old vfl 150.1 and an opportunity has arisen to get another 150.1 fairly cheap just needing a little repair hopefully and I'd get another HD15 to go with them. in all it would be about 7k running both amps strapped at .5 ohm. I know what I have to do on the electrical end so need for a lecture on that. but roughly how much would in be to build a wall and what would be the best budget friendly wood for the project. all input would be greatly appreciated.

I have walled off vehicles before for just a single 12. If the OP wants to build a wall for 4 12s(which many people do) then why would any of us care what he does to his car?

With that said walling off a vehicle is not all that hard. It is time consuming as most the wall will be built inside the vehicle in most cases. If you do everything right in the design phase though it will become very easy to build. Just make sure you have that right and you are good to go. Tuning a wall for what you want is different then tuning a basic application as you would imagine. With a little searching you will see what the majority of builders do for tuning and how they come up with their ideas.

SMFJ- MDF is about $30-35/sheet and is about the cheapest your going to get. Depending on how you build the wall and bracing you will need other types of wood, various brackets, glue, and some sort of silicone or other sealant. You may also want to resign or even fiberglass the inside depending on the amount of work and what you want it to look/sound like. The front part of the wall which is the baffle is the most interesting and there are several ways to go about building it. Depending on your abilities and tools/materials you have handy you will have to choose which method is best for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.