will my poor planning result in failure? 3 sub tube

Participant count
  • Participant list

jria

Hello, new here to the forum. I was hoping i could get some feedback on an idea ive been brewing.

I have three subwoofers. two kenwood kfc-w2503 and one kenwood 2505. now i have drawn a diagram of some ideas id like to use them for.

View attachment 26529843

the grey is a cardboard tube you pour cement into. fairly sturdy. seen used before for subs.

the length would be what would fit across my jeeps trunk.

now

im not sure what size of tube to buy as far as diameter.

and for the middle sub i plan to cut part of the end of the tube off and then attach it in the center by cutting another hole in the middle and inserting it and then sealing it up.

also has anyone tried mounting a subwoofer with a flexible mount? say for instance if i were to attach it with heady duty springs where i would screw into and then wrap the speaker sealing it away from the closure would this work?

Hello, new here to the forum. I was hoping i could get some feedback on an idea ive been brewing.
I have three subwoofers. two kenwood kfc-w2503 and one kenwood 2505. should not mix subs likenow i have drawn a diagram of some ideas id like to use them for.

View attachment 26529843 From what I have seen and learned here on this site, that design might cause cancelation issues and tuning issues.

the grey is a cardboard tube you pour cement into. fairly sturdy. seen used before for subs.

the length would be what would fit across my jeeps trunk.

now

im not sure what size of tube to buy as far as diameter.

and for the middle sub i plan to cut part of the end of the tube off and then attach it in the center by cutting another hole in the middle and inserting it and then sealing it up.

also has anyone tried mounting a subwoofer with a flexible mount? say for instance if i were to attach it with heady duty springs where i would screw into and then wrap the speaker sealing it away from the closure would this work?
post exactly what vehical this is going in We can help you chose a better box design.

Jeep cherokee. 1987.

if its best just to use two subs or even one sub per tube. i understand. I just wanted to use up what i have.

and then when and if i did build this... im not sure how i would wire it.

i havent bought the tube or amp yet.

i was sure what size of tube to buy diameter wise but i figured i needed to have enough space for 3 subs. i was guessing about 12 inches.

and my jeeps width between the wheel wells which is 43.5''.

i havent bought the tube or amp yet. i was sure what size of tube to buy diameter wise but i figured i needed to have enough space for 3 subs. i was guessing about 12 inches.

and my jeeps width between the wheel wells which is 43.5''.
well, If your going yo use tubes you want them to look like this. one sub per tube. Tube needs to be bigger than 12 inches for the front and back baffle board with calculated tuned port.

yea, there was one guy that had a huge long ass tube he used to make sub tube out of, It was on twisted fb and a few you tub videos. cant find it now, and I havent seen the outcome vids yet and its been a while.

tubes do work, but putting a sub on both ends might not. Don't mix the sub types in the same box, I'd just use 2. You might find that a box will fit better than a tube.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.