Voltage issue?

Participant count
  • Participant list

gshaw

CarAudio.com Newbie
Maine
Backstory - bought an excavator - speakers were shot, decided to upgrade from cassette radio to bluetooth and pop in a couple new 5' speakers
bought basic equipment

existing unit - no model/serial
inputs - ACC, CONSTANT, GROUND, SPEAKERS

(2 units tried) BOSS 616UAB - IDENTICAL CONNECTIONS AS FACTORY UNIT, TRUE PNP
DUAL XDM17BT - HARNESS NEEDED

So both units act similarly in that they receive power and "turn on" but flash their illuminating buttons just once at turn on, never come back, and the LED stays on but wont respond to buttons

thought the BOSS units was effed, put the OEM in and it worked fine
put the DUAL in after the OEM, and got the same result as the BOSS

tested ground - OK
tested 12vdc constant - 15.9vdc
tested acc - 15.9vdc

could it be overvoltage? i tried looking up the specs for some units, i only need literally the cheapest bluetooth unit on the market as its just my excavator

some units have a dc voltage rating of 11-14vdc (as in the boss unit) the dual had no such info

other units ive seen go as high as 16vdc tolerance

thanks in advance fellas - probably just a one trick pony on this forum but i heard it was the best place for this kind of question so here i am. much respect

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.