Amplifier wire size

Participant count
  • Participant list

Doodah677095

CarAudio.com Newbie
Thanks for the add. I am stumped and terrible at math but I have 1000 ft of 20/2 awg wire I believe that is how you write it there's 2 wires inside a grey sleeve I believe each are 20 awg. Ok well there's a red and black wire each have 7 copper wires inside of them if that matters well here is what the spool says.

Type CL3R/FPLR OR c(ETL) CMR.
20 AWG 2 COND STR BC.

Well here's my question I live so far from town I don't go there often. But we'll I think I'm just going to hook this dual 2 channel 300 watt amp up since I don't have larger wire available at this time. So my question the duel amp calls for a 8 gauge wire I'm not sure but I believe that this 20 awg I have is equivalent to 12 gauge CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG PLEASE. So again I think each wire inside the sleeve is 20 awg can I wire them together and it work for my power to my amp or if that's not enough could I use two wires off my spool wire them together and use them for the power wire like I said I'm way out in the country in oklahoma it takes 40 minutes just to get to my neighbors house and he is 15 min from town still yet so please help me I need to work with what I have available if it's possible any help would be greatly appreciated please and thank you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.