Voltage drop issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tony88

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys and all help and advice would be amazing. I'm currently working on a build nothing to take to a show or anything. Just my personal hobby. I'm doing 4 dvc 2ohm kicker comp R 12's 500w each. On a rockford fosgate 1200.1d wired @ 1ohm to get the max of the amp. Other than distortion I'm not having any issues really it keeps trying to fry the subs so I can barely push these things I recently bought a jp23 amp 2300w but I haven't installed it yet because voltage issues. I have a 2010 buick lucerne cxl-3 package lots of extra accessories loaded in it already. I did the big 3. Zero gauge brand new intestate battery. And a 250amp aftermarket alternator and also a xs power battery in the truck.so I should be all set to run atleast 3000w watts I think but I'm running nowhere near that. And still have weird issues with my voltage it literally rest around 12.7 and once started it holds at 14.9 volts for about 5mins then slowly drops to around 13.6 then some days it'll drop to 12.8 and hold there for a short time and bounce around between 13.4-14.4 this doesn't seem nothing I'm sure it's a ground issues but grounding this vehicle has been a serious pain. Any help or suggestions would be amazing thank you!

You are not going to get anywhere near 3kW out of the JP23. You will probably get 800-1500W after impedance rise. If you want to clamp 3kW you need a 6kW amp.

What alternator/regulator? Did you have this slow voltage drop issue with your previous alternator? Check the resistance of your grounds.

You are not going to get anywhere near 3kW out of the JP23. You will probably get 800-1500W after impedance rise. If you want to clamp 3kW you need a 6kW amp.

What alternator/regulator? Did you have this slow voltage drop issue with your previous alternator? Check the resistance of your grounds.
No I'm not looking to get 3k out of it. I'm saying with this electrical set up I show be able to handle 3k with no issues so I don't understand why I'm having issues with a measly 1200w. I didn't have this voltage issue before i upgraded everything. Before this the amp was killing my battery. It might be the amp is my issue.not grounded properly every is pretty much aluminum and painted no good places to ground. Everything that's grounded on this car has metal plate between the car and the actual ground connection.

The jp23 absolutely has enough power to do well over 3k when wired at 1ohm or 0.5 ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...