Is it possible

To be able to wire a sub amp to the speaker inputs without damaging anything by keeping the battery plugged in?

Or would it end up ruining something?
It is possible. But it is easy to slip up. I once messed up a radio"s speaker outputs when splicing in a sub amp. As a reward, I had to use the RCAs and add a 4 channel. A sacrifice to the laziness deity.

Yeah always do that stuff with the battery positive disconnected when working on anything car audio related. If you have everything installed then you pull the main fuse out so there is no power going to the amplifier or speakers then but the radio keeps all its settings.

When 1st installing I do that but after that I just pull the main fuse at the battery for the amplifiers that way I don't lose anything at the radio. And if I am doing stuff with the radio I just pull the harness out that attaches to the oem harness. But just working an adding speakers/amplifiers eh the main battery fuse for the amplifier works and takes 2 seconds and you save settings that way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...