Video: LS1 Trans Am vs. Supra TT

I'm sure once you get past the hideousness, the 7.7 liter naturally-aspirated V12 churning out 800+ hp combined with a 2200 lb chassis (less than a Civic) will somehow make the car enjoyable //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
alright, alright, i gueessss i could stand that

holy crap that is one ugly ass car, but i guess u wouldnt be seeing it for that long with that kinda power.

any details on the T/A turbo setup? is it a rear mount or under hood? im curious because if its under hood id like to see how they plumbed a single turbo.

thats 2 impressive cars right there.

any details on the T/A turbo setup? is it a rear mount or under hood? im curious because if its under hood id like to see how they plumbed a single turbo.
thats 2 impressive cars right there.
Most turbo LS1's nowadays are putting the turbos in the rear. Theres plenty of stock psi run TLS1's w/ over 500rwhp with just 6psi or so.

Although saying it is at a certain psi, doesnt mean anything really...20psi on one turbo isnt 20psi on another turbo.

wow that's not something you see every daya turbo v8 street car..... not too popular - most go the supercharged route for american iron

obviously quite an effective power adder //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
No,not really. Theres more and more turbo cars coming out. Even for the old 5.0's, Ive seen many people switch from SC to turbo. Its much easier to get a DD turbo car than a DD SC car.

Up to 1500rwhp, turbos are usually the best thing to do, over that, there just isnt big enough turbos...usually that is.

No in depth info on the T/A in the race, but it said TTi which is NOT the STS rear mount kit. TTi usually means its the Inconn twin turbo kit, two smaller turbos that are in the engine bay mounted down way low, but relatively effective. That company tanked long ago though. There are a few other manufacturers who do single and twin in-engine-bay setups but they are rare and they cost you. The STS kit is the most practical as far as performance vs cost goes, and it works really well. I've even played around with the idea of doing it myself, but I think if I go FI I'll just get an ATI blower instead. Turbo is cool, but I'm an auto so I dont get much BOV fun, and the whine of a blower is something I've always liked.

Skylines ****, Supra's ****..
I rather have a vette or viper with 30g in mods..

... ya...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
R34 GTR Z-Tune 10.06 1/4mi...lil 4 banger..

i dont care how fast it is, that is one of the ugliest cars ive ever seen
TVR_Speed_12.jpg

TVR_Speed_12_2.jpg

how bout them Lingenfelter Corvettes with their 725HP twin turbod 427 i want to do 0-60 in 2.9 seconds with a automatic //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

negativefag- the Z tune has never run a FULL 1/4 mile...And its a 6cyl.

No in depth info on the T/A in the race, but it said TTi which is NOT the STS rear mount kit. TTi usually means its the Inconn twin turbo kit, two smaller turbos that are in the engine bay mounted down way low, but relatively effective. That company tanked long ago though. There are a few other manufacturers who do single and twin in-engine-bay setups but they are rare and they cost you. The STS kit is the most practical as far as performance vs cost goes, and it works really well. I've even played around with the idea of doing it myself, but I think if I go FI I'll just get an ATI blower instead. Turbo is cool, but I'm an auto so I dont get much BOV fun, and the whine of a blower is something I've always liked.
BOV's are cool, but turbo shutter/compressor surge, sounds cooler to me, and Ive heard both //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

Go turbo, so many more options later down the road..

Oh, I raced a 370whp supra tonight. Short little burst..Hung w/ him...hehehehe

Mmmm Z tune..

Apparently they list it as only 500hp but its apparently a fair bit more than that...like 650hp. Would that equate to a 10sec quarter? Would get pretty close i would have thought.

And that supra get owned alright.... needs to be tuned though, see all the black smoke under load, must be running rich as!!

Still woujldn't think it would be enough to keep up with that other thing!!

And that supra get owned alright.... needs to be tuned though, see all the black smoke under load, must be running rich as!!
Still woujldn't think it would be enough to keep up with that other thing!!
**** I cant watch the video!!!

Anyways, tuning does wonder to a FI car. You could be surprised.

btw, what mods are done to the supra? TA? what kind of gas was each using? tires? weather?

You dont see too many supra's get walked on the highway. My brother had this video clip of a supra, viper, and lamborghini going at it on the highway and guess what the outcome was? Yes people, Supra > Lamborghini> Viper.

I'd still take a single turbo'd supra over any car of the day.

1) From everything I've read, the GT-R Z-Tune doesn't come out until 20072) It's an estimated $170,000 USD for a Skyline

3) The RB28DETT is a 2.8 liter inline-6, not a 4-cylinder

4) How do you think it does 10 seconds in the 1/4 mile, especially w/ only 500 hp and a 3400 lb curb weight ?
sorry for my 4 banger typo..i meant 6 but ok w/e go ahead and flame away... still a 2.8L..compare to the LS1 or a Viper and the 2.8L can whoop a SRT10 Viper and stock on stock w the LS1..the 2.8L would whoop the LS1

they have ran one at 10.06..search it..k? funny part...they are used RB's...NISMO bought them with about 18K miles on them but ok w/e

Internet pissing matches are so fun. You can drop a big block in a Pinto and blow most any car off the road. You can take a Miata and put a little work into it and mop the floor with just about any other car on an autocross or road course. Aything can be made fast. Skyline isn't the best. Supra isn't the best. Trans Am isn't the best. They are only the best if they are the most suited for your particular application and wants. Displacement doesn't matter, forced induction doesn't matter, tuning doesn't matter. I dont play the ******** game of excuses. That Supra in the video got walked. Would another Supra walk the T/A in the video? Probably? Would a built up Skyline? Probably. But a little crap car with alot of motor work could walk them all. The fact of the matter is what does YOUR car run?

Mine, I'd get walked by both of those guys HARD. Plain and simple. My car barely has anything done and they've got two very nice cars there. My car isn't on the same level. And I'm not about to start comparing a car that isn't even sold here or is made in such limited runs that the chances of seeing one is very slim.

OK, rant over, back to your internet bench racing.

can we stop saying "blah blah blah @ blah psi?" How about you tell us what kind of snailshell and turbine it is first.

i vaguely remember someone talking about a BOV? i hate bov's, if i had a turbo car i'd make sure to just go bypass. kids at my school with their a4 1.8T's and wrx's get THE LOUDEST bov's ever and constantly let go of the accelerator showing off to everyone "hey look at me, i added a bov to my stock turbo yayyyy."

and what is this about a supra owns from a roll? i love these generalized statements in CA.com threads, they're so entertaining. 20B rx-7 > skyline or supra any day of the week //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.