Video: LS1 Trans Am vs. Supra TT

can we stop saying "blah blah blah @ blah psi?" How about you tell us what kind of snailshell and turbine it is first.
i vaguely remember someone talking about a BOV? i hate bov's, if i had a turbo car i'd make sure to just go bypass. kids at my school with their a4 1.8T's and wrx's get THE LOUDEST bov's ever and constantly let go of the accelerator showing off to everyone "hey look at me, i added a bov to my stock turbo yayyyy."

and what is this about a supra owns from a roll? i love these generalized statements in CA.com threads, they're so entertaining. 20B rx-7 > skyline or supra any day of the week //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
The typical LS1 turbo is the GT67, the exact turbo the supra used... The disp means nothing because power is only dictated by air that can EFFECTIVELY be burnt, so dont use the disp crap as an excuse.

The supra had a GT67..

Internet pissing matches are so fun. You can drop a big block in a Pinto and blow most any car off the road. You can take a Miata and put a little work into it and mop the floor with just about any other car on an autocross or road course. Aything can be made fast. Skyline isn't the best. Supra isn't the best. Trans Am isn't the best. They are only the best if they are the most suited for your particular application and wants. Displacement doesn't matter, forced induction doesn't matter, tuning doesn't matter. I dont play the ******** game of excuses. That Supra in the video got walked. Would another Supra walk the T/A in the video? Probably? Would a built up Skyline? Probably. But a little crap car with alot of motor work could walk them all. The fact of the matter is what does YOUR car run?
Mine, I'd get walked by both of those guys HARD. Plain and simple. My car barely has anything done and they've got two very nice cars there. My car isn't on the same level. And I'm not about to start comparing a car that isn't even sold here or is made in such limited runs that the chances of seeing one is very slim.

OK, rant over, back to your internet bench racing.
Run what ya brung. Money makes everything fast. Aint it true?

NisMo said it ran 10.06 seconds ... on slicks ... tuned to 630 bhp rather than the 500 bhp it will be sold at (it doesn't meet Japanese emissions @ 630 bhp)
Didnt know that.Whered you read that?

sorry for my 4 banger typo..i meant 6 but ok w/e go ahead and flame away... still a 2.8L..compare to the LS1 or a Viper and the 2.8L can whoop a SRT10 Viper and stock on stock w the LS1..the 2.8L would whoop the LS1
they have ran one at 10.06..search it..k? funny part...they are used RB's...NISMO bought them with about 18K miles on them but ok w/e
Actually,the LS1 can run 12.9 stock, I dont think skylines can stock..so please correct your stock vs. stock statement.

It would actually be viper>LS1>skyline for stock comparo..

18k miles is practically new, they went through special precautions on to make sure they were only the best engines, i.e. practically new.

You might wannt correct your 10.6 statement based on what jmac said.

Run what you brung, and dont *****. You dont bring as much? Dont complain.

displacement doesnt matter??

Marley, when's the last time You took a good look at the compressor map of a T3 S60 on Your motor? Versus a Holsten 35?

Displacement is pretty much how You find the VE of a motor. VE kind of matters when You are figuring out wether or not You are facing surging - given Your compressor housing and trim.

You have a GN....

-Nick

BTW - out of curiousity, what computer are You running with those injectors (sig)?

displacement doesnt matter??
Marley, when's the last time You took a good look at the compressor map of a T3 S60 on Your motor? Versus a Holsten 35?

Displacement is pretty much how You find the VE of a motor. VE kind of matters when You are figuring out wether or not You are facing surging - given Your compressor housing and trim.

You have a GN....

-Nick

BTW - out of curiousity, what computer are You running with those injectors (sig)?
Disp matters, but when you are going FI,you can shove infinite boost into your engine, and make not as much power as 10psi of boost, because power is dictated soley by the air that can effectively be burnt.

Like how I can shove all the food in the world in my mouth, but Ill only be able to eat a certain part. Just because the food(air) is there, doesnt mean I can eat it(burn it)

For the compressor maps, Ive read many, I dont bother myself studying small turbos. 60trim is too small for my needs.

Holsten 35? Doesnt matter to me who's it is. Ill stick w/ Garett or Precision. John Craig is a genious.(unlike me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif )

How does disp determine VE? You can have an 100% VE 6.l or a 80% efficient 2.0l

When you FI something, you almost immedialtely attain over 100% VE if VE would be 14.7psi. 100% VE would mean you **** in 100% of the cylinder @14.7psi, and if you are running lets say 13psi, thats almost another entire atmosphere,on top of the pressure of 14.7 as is, thus greatly over the atmospheric pressure of 14.7

Compresor surge is simply the air in the IC piping coming back at the turbo...has NOTHING to do with wheel trim or housing...I would know..Ive had 2 turbos on my car w/ 2 diff housing and wheels,did the same thing. Any car w/out a BOV will get compressor surge,regardless of turbo.

Im running the stock ECU. Running 26psi

Air doesn't burn, fuel combusts ... Fuel needs air in order to combust ... More air in, means more fuel in, which leads to a stronger combustion ...
Im saying that you can shove in as much air/fuel as you want, but the power will only result from the air/fuel that can effectively be burnt.

I trust you will agree.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.