Very Weird Deck VS Headlights Situation

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jesse059

I am having a very weird situation with a deck i installed a few days ago. I bought a Pyle PLTS79BT 7-Inch Single DIN In-Dash Motorized Touch ScreenDVD deck (Regrets i know the name pyle says it all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif...) But anyway other then the radio being a piece of junk everything works one hundred percent... Or so i thought

Now I don't know if i had to or not but i took the video bypass the one where you have to tie into the emergency break to watch movies and just grounded it off under the dash. Every single thing works i can go anywhere i want and watch a dvd while driving (I don't) but just says it works, or do anything with no problems... During the day.

When i turn on the headlights. Done. The whole deck just locks me out and says "CAR" i cant close it shut it off nothing. Turn off the headlights. Instantly get everything back.

So does any one have any ideas what the heck can be going on here? Thanks to anyone in advance for some help.

Sounds like you wired the harness improperly. There should be a wire labeled "illumination" or something like that. It is meant for when you drive at night and turn your headlights on, the H/U dims so it isn't so bright. Sounds like you mixed that wire up with something else. That would be my best guess.

That or because your Canadian. Its a toss up. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Sounds like you wired the harness improperly. There should be a wire labeled "illumination" or something like that. It is meant for when you drive at night and turn your headlights on, the H/U dims so it isn't so bright. Sounds like you mixed that wire up with something else. That would be my best guess.
That or because your Canadian. Its a toss up. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.