How many watts could i run on this electrical

Im trying to figure out whats the most watts i could run witht this electricalmechman 240 a

big 3 with zero guage

2 xs power d3100's

Debating on amp because i dont know how many watts i could run

Also what can i get to measure my volts?
4000 or so pretty well... Volt meter

What if i got a larger alt could i run more i would i have to get another batt also? anyone know where i could get a good alt for a 01 impala 3.8 i wanna be able to run 5000 watts

Im trying to figure out whats the most watts i could run witht this electricalmechman 240 a

big 3 with zero guage

2 xs power d3100's

Debating on amp because i dont know how many watts i could run

Also what can i get to measure my volts?
depends on the vehicle and the stock electrical requirements, but realistically, like others said...@3-3.5k...4k might be pushing it for steady, reliable daily work.

He has about the same elctrical I have, maybe even a bit more. I drop .4-.6v with a very soft clip on the highway.. I have to ask how many runs of cable because that will make a difference here?

He has about the same elctrical I have, maybe even a bit more. I drop .4-.6v with a very soft clip on the highway.. I have to ask how many runs of cable because that will make a difference here?
This, very important here because wiring adds capacitance and helps with voltage drop, no matter how little or huge amount of power you are running. The guys who had the Meca Street 5 record back in 2006/07 had 40 runs(20ea for +/-) running about 15k iirc.

The fewer batteries you have near the amps, the more extra runs of + and - will help you.

Personally I'd be nervous running much more than 3500 on that. Though depending how long, how often, and how hard you play AND what amps you use and at what impedence, you could very well run 5-6K rated power worth of amps on that.

This, very important here because wiring adds capacitance and helps with voltage drop, no matter how little or huge amount of power you are running. The guys who had the Meca Street 5 record back in 2006/07 had 40 runs(20ea for +/-) running about 15k iirc.
So wiring when used in bulk acts as a capacitor? The only reason to increase the amount of wire would be to decrease resistance along the wire to help increase electrical current flow it in no way acts as a battery or capacitor as it stores no power.

So wiring when used in bulk acts as a capacitor? The only reason to increase the amount of wire would be to decrease resistance along the wire to help increase electrical current flow it in no way acts as a battery or capacitor as it stores no power.
The increased amount of wire holds more electricity and helps with voltage drop, I'm simply passing along what a shop told me, these people used to dominate Meca around 2005-07 and their shop is littered with all kinds of trophies and awards from competitions, I might have not explained it correctly, but they know what they are doing.

i have a audioque 2200d righ t now going to upgrade to the aq 3500 or something similar i have one run of zero guage should i run another ? and what kinda number s could i get with 3500 watts also would i be able to do hair tricks?

Not only hair tricks, but you will possess the power to blow the clothes of women and at the same exact time make them unequally eroused //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif cool ehh?!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.