USAlternators: what's the word?

What kind of power you gonna be running?
Nothing real crazy, but at the moment, a Q3500 at 1 ohm for music and maybe drop down to .25 for burps. We'll have to see how electrical holds. That amp will more than likely be replaced with a Q4500 in a month or so. I also have two Q4-90s for mids and highs. I have a JuiceBox Apple (d3400) up front and two JuiceBox Black Cherries (xp3000) in the back.

My Ohio Gen that clamped 376 only cost me $500 shipped With the external voltage regulator included. I'll Def stick with them. Oh and the guy on here thay sells you all alts, quoted me 625 but I called Ohio Gen directly and it was 500. So you all can "talk to the guy with the hookup" lolol.

Also I should mention that the smaller the pulley, the smaller belt you have to run. Even with the smaller belt and the "non-slip" coating some of the companies push, you will still most likely slip. You want a stock sized pulley. My Ohio Gen doesn't do a lot at idle (idle is 800rpm on my truck), but at 1000rpm it's doing around 220, 350+ @ 2000 rpm.

Also I should mention that the smaller the pulley, the smaller belt you have to run. Even with the smaller belt and the "non-slip" coating some of the companies push, you will still most likely slip. You want a stock sized pulley. My Ohio Gen doesn't do a lot at idle (idle is 800rpm on my truck), but at 1000rpm it's doing around 220, 350+ @ 2000 rpm.
I think a huge factor is the amount of touch with the belt. If it's a 70% wrap, it will have less slip compared to a 50% wrap... I know, captain obvious over here.

Do you have a video of your clamp test? I'd like to see your alt in action.

I think a huge factor is the amount of touch with the belt. If it's a 70% wrap, it will have less slip compared to a 50% wrap... I know, captain obvious over here.
Do you have a video of your clamp test? I'd like to see your alt in action.
I can do a video later man no problem

My Ohio Gen that clamped 376 only cost me $500 shipped With the external voltage regulator included. I'll Def stick with them. Oh and the guy on here thay sells you all alts, quoted me 625 but I called Ohio Gen directly and it was 500. So you all can "talk to the guy with the hookup" lolol.
I have my doubts on this (unless we're thinking of different people), but I could be wrong. Great alts though.

Back to OP, I my only issue with this is why do they cost so damned much? What about warranty? My 275 amp Singer cost me $550 with a voltage bypass to charge at 14.2 (up from 13.6) in -15 degrees and 100+ degrees. It was clamped at 300 cold and 285 hot, almost 190 idle and lifetime warranty. My vote is on Singer, mainly for the warranty. Excessive and Ohio Gen are probably the next 2 on my list.

[quote name='72Impala']My Ohio Gen that clamped 376 only cost me $500 shipped With the external voltage regulator included. I'll Def stick with them. Oh and the guy on here thay sells you all alts, quoted me 625 but I called Ohio Gen directly and it was 500. So you all can "talk to the guy with the hookup" lolol.[/QUOTE] @mylows10 whats up with this?
Again you are the only dealer i know thats the middleman for multiple companies.

So if this wasnt you mybad.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

I have my doubts on this (unless we're thinking of different people), but I could be wrong. Great alts though.

Back to OP, I my only issue with this is why do they cost so damned much? What about warranty? My 275 amp Singer cost me $550 with a voltage bypass to charge at 14.2 (up from 13.6) in -15 degrees and 100+ degrees. It was clamped at 300 cold and 285 hot, almost 190 idle and lifetime warranty. My vote is on Singer, mainly for the warranty. Excessive and Ohio Gen are probably the next 2 on my list.
For quality my friend. I had a Singer and it was awesome. My 270a came out to be $600 though because of some custom parts, so not far from this $625 that will do a little bit more at idle. With this USAlternator 250, you'll get a custom rectifier with up to 3 output locations depending on the model, 12 70A diodes in rectifier rated at 120v+ instead of 12 avalanche 45A diodes rated at 20V (some are using), Denso parts, laser welded connections, etc. Sound like they are solid. Seriously though, reach out to Daniel over at USAlternators. He's a solid guy and will answer any questions.

Here's their warranty: USAlternators offers a one year, limited warranty. This limited one year warranty allows the customer to return his or her USAlternators product for repair for a full year after the alternator purchase date. This warranty does not cover other parts or equipment on the vehicle, and does not cover labor for removal or installation of the alternator. This warranty is VOID if the USAlternators product is modified, physically abused, misused, improperly installed, or is not used in the application for which it was designed. Units that are burned up due to excessive load will not be warranted. The USAlternators one year warranty is non-transferable. The customer must include a copy of the original invoice when sending in their alternator in order to receive warranty service. Warranty is subject to inspection by USAlternators. Warranty units are shipped FOB Destination. The customer is responsible for shipping the alternator to the USAlternators facility for warranty service. USAlternators will pay return shipping back to the customer for all valid warranty claims.

[quote name='los33']@mylows10 whats up with this?
Again you are the only dealer i know thats the middleman for multiple companies.

So if this wasnt you mybad.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Don't sell ohio generator alts. And he only makes conventional. No 6 phase hairpin alts

show me an alt that has a clutch pulley...
Jeep Liberty

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

What's up with these ones I keep seeing on eBay? http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=281756173503&alt=web

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=351372506209&alt=web

Are they decent? I have a 160amp stock Alt controlled by the pcm, but I'm right there at needing something a little bigger. I don't really have $500+, but at the same time I don't want to be stranded on the side of the road or have my **** catch on fire(or both).

Jeep Liberty

What's up with these ones I keep seeing on eBay? http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=281756173503&alt=web

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=351372506209&alt=web

Are they decent? I have a 160amp stock Alt controlled by the pcm, but I'm right there at needing something a little bigger. I don't really have $500+, but at the same time I don't want to be stranded on the side of the road or have my **** catch on fire(or both).
ya i have seen them now.

did not know they were doing it.

but will say, i dont like the idea...

One of the company's seems like it's family run a mom and pop alternator and starter shop that decided to expand to the world of online sells. From going back and forth in a couple emails they seem like they actually give a ****, unlike some of the sketchier sellers with horrible Grammer and punctuation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.