USAlternators: what's the word?

We do sell to car audio, but as you said the price.
And that is a shame. Okay not really, I've only ever been in a ambulance (just once, and that was because my moms blood pressure was too high to drive me), and my original post was a snarky one mostly, with a lil brand recognition (although I'd never really expect anybody to fork out that kinda money for our ALTs). I'm not going to guarantee that our products are better than some of the CA products out there, but we do make a very good product, and we back it up, which is why the people who defend our country trust us (plus IDK any other company with 24V and 48V systems). Here is something we did in the car audio world a while back.

HO%20Bronco.jpg
Bro,

You jacked this thread and started out saying, "American Power Systems makes the best HO Alternators on the market!" Now you're saying, "I'm not going to guarantee that our products are better than some of the CA products out there..." I don't care if you think it was snarky. I thought it was stupid. This thread is clearly about me testing out a brand that is new to the game and helping inform other people about a different option when looking for a HO product.

So what are you exactly doing? You want brand recognition? Start your own thread. I'm telling people about a promo going on and trying to help them save money... and you come in saying we have the best alts and then you start to backpedal. You also say that it's a shame that I've never had a serious physical injury (never riding in an ambulance) and it's a shame that I've never done anything stupid enough to take a ride in the back of a squad car. You're an awesome brand representative.

$500 for 250amp alt doesn't seem that good of deal. Excessive u can get 350amp Alt for that price. And excessive uses top notch parts
These alts are rated while hot, not just being put on a bench. My Singer 270 was $650. This alt outperforms my Singer, so I think it's a very good deal. I'd be interested in seeing what parts Excessive is using to make a 350a for $500 - doubt it's all Denso.

$500 for 250amp alt doesn't seem that good of deal. Excessive u can get 350amp Alt for that price. And excessive uses top notch parts
He says his design runs much more cooler then all others and he is the only one who doesnt lie on ratings.

These alts can only be modified so much with stock cases, only difference is which oem parts used and how many holes are drilled to add more studs.

Custom billet cases are the only ones that can be different in many ways.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Excessive rates his alts hot. That's why I have 350a alts instead of 400a alts because he rates them for 350a hot.. That's what nate owner of excessive told me. He's been around along time and knows what he's doing.

Excessive rates his alts hot. That's why I have 350a alts instead of 400a alts because he rates them for 350a hot.. That's what nate owner of excessive told me. He's been around along time and knows what he's doing.
I'm not questioning his knowledge, just the parts he uses. It's just hard for me to believe that a 350a hairpin with top of the line parts goes for $500.

Mybad forgot to mention i was speaking of usalternators owner

He says his design runs much more cooler then all others and he is the only one who doesnt lie on ratings.
These alts can only be modified so much with stock cases, only difference is which oem parts used and how many holes are drilled to add more studs.

Custom billet cases are the only ones that can be different in many ways.

And Daniel knows that. I just think his alt outperformed my Singer simply because of the parts used. Both casings are basically the same size, but Daniel does a few differently, which makes a world of difference.

And Daniel knows that. I just think his alt outperformed my Singer simply because of the parts used. Both casings are basically the same size, but Daniel does a few differently, which makes a world of difference.
Only way he can do a stock case a little different like i said is replacing stock parts.

As far as extreme mods that would need boring ID of the metal casing.

Usalternators is overpriced because the customers arent there and lowering the price would kill them.

Its just like walmart and other grocery stores.. The smaller stores cant keep up with walmart prices since they dont have the amount of sales to start wholesale buying.

Only way he can do a stock case a little different like i said is replacing stock parts.
As far as extreme mods that would need boring ID of the metal casing.

Usalternators is overpriced because the customers arent there and lowering the price would kill them.

Its just like walmart and other grocery stores.. The smaller stores cant keep up with walmart prices since they dont have the amount of sales to start wholesale buying.

He does replace stock parts. It's more expensive for yes, because it's a new brand, but also because of the parts used. He could theoretically use cheaper replacement parts and sell for cheaper, right? And if customer service (huge for me) is something else you care about, Daniel is top notch. JS and Excessive never responded to my multiple inquires when I was looking for a new alt, so customer service was made them an automatic no for me.

He does replace stock parts. It's more expensive for yes, because it's a new brand, but also because of the parts used. He could theoretically use cheaper replacement parts and sell for cheaper, right? And if customer service (huge for me) is something else you care about, Daniel is top notch. JS and Excessive never responded to my multiple inquires when I was looking for a new alt, so customer service was made them an automatic no for me.
Are you apart of usalternators?

Most high output alternator companies that we use all use the same parts apart from js ultimate alts.

All the parts cost the same except the larger ones get discounts for multiple orders.

I dont know what gives you the idea that usalternators uses different parts.

You can buy parts straight from denso and ac delco thru wholesale sites or from local retailers.

Most of these guys use the wholesale option to keep costs down.

Hello all, I would like to clear up some of the confusion and incorrect information about USAlternators.

I am Dan, the owner of USAlterntors.

A few years ago, 2012 to be exact, I was in the market for a high output alternator. I had a mercedes benz so options were fairly limited. I opted for a 390XP from a competitor. I was super excited. i paid them, all was good to go, then 1 month after I had paid them, I was told they couldn't do one for my vehicle for one reason or another. I was hesitant before my purchase since I had heard stories of people waiting up to 6 months+ to receive their unit.

Being an electrical engineer at the University of Michigan at the time, I had learned all about power generation since my plan was to go into utility power generation when I graduated. So I decided it couldn't be that hard to produce a smaller scale generation unit for the car.

As a dbdrag and iasca competitor who achieved 153 sealed legal on the dash out of my trunk car, I naturally always wanted the best for myself and my car, I set out in search of the best parts to build an alternator with. It took me months to learn about and find the best parts.

In late 2012, I finally had found a manufacturer that has been in business since the early 1900s, that not only stocked great parts but also could make custom parts to my specification. The engineers there are very smart and are awesome to work with when designing specific components that will last!

And so the prototype for USAlternators began to be constructed. It was built and tested. It was good, but we could do better.

I didn't want to rush to market with a poor product just to make a quick buck that would leave me with a ton of warranty claims and angry customer as some "companies" have done in the past.

The next prototype came a year later after heavy use in one of my daily drivers. this one can be found on my USAlternators youtube page. upload date is when I created the youtube account, and not the actual date of production just FYI.

I AM CAPITALIZING THIS BECAUSE THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!! I have always hated amplifier companies that rated their amplifiers at 4000W Max. I know you all love to hear about people who go around boasting about their 5000 watt BOSS amp. but we all know it actually doesn't do 5000 Watts rms.

So with alternators, why are you all satisfied to be sold on a MAX COLD Rating from some of the other companies?

AT USAlternators ALL OF OUR ALTERNATORS ARE RATED HOT!!!!!! This rated amperage is what you will be seeing all day hot or cold, rain or shine. If I were to lie to you all, I would rate my alternator, 270-290 amps MAX Cold. But I am here to advertise "rms" rated power not MAX power.

For a lot of our components, we use OEM denso parts. They are the best and most reliable in the business. They are much harder to get than you think. You can not just go to ASP wholesale or the other online guys and buy OEM NEW PARTS. Although they may advertise NEW Denso, I encourage you to order the parts and see what you actually get. I did that for myself because I was curious if it was that easy to get OEM parts. Long story short, it is not that easy.

For a few other things such as our custom housing, Custom rectifier and custom wound rotors, we design them stateside to meet or exceed OEM specs. You can see that we are the only company that offers up to 3 output posts.

Next Id like to clear a few things that some members here have commented about.

1. WE Try NOT to SELL SMALL CASE UNITS. All prices that you are quoted for are large case hairpins unless otherwise stated. Most other manufacturers are selling you small case hairpins for the 500 dollar range and you are not comparing apples to apples. When you get these quotes make sure to ask what you are getting because if you don't, you'll end up with a modded small case that gets very HOT! Not to say they aren't good. Because they will work, but its NOT the BEST and if you are paying 500+ you should be getting the best and the most for your money.

2. The next thing id like to address is the member on this car audio forum. That member, obtech audio, on here was the very first official production model customer. I had a few units that wern't officially branded sold, but this guy was the first Official customer that had requested a quote. He got a deal because he was willing to buy my first production unit, and take professional pictures of it for my website. You'll notice he lives in utah where as I am from Michigan.

3. I am working on a budget friendly version for those of you who want the best but still have a family, or anything that does not allow you to get all the goodies. These units will be uncolored and sit as our base unit.

4. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO MAKE IT CLEAR, USAlternators, uses ONLY BRAND NEW PARTS. some places are selling you painted remans (remanufactured unit, aka used parts). I proved that to the OP by showing him one of our new units next to a painted reman. You could not tell the difference. So for those of you seeking an even cheaper option, I have the ability to make a reman unit with same parts as my new unite. These still come with a limted warranty that we can discuss if you purchase. These units are usually just r and d units I have that I cant sell as new because I tested a new regulator or rotor on them. Once again, I am here with the customer in mind!

5. Yes I compared my units to DC Power. I believe they also make a great unit using OEM Denso parts. So I wanted to show the similarities between my unit and theirs. And also I believe I made small upgrades which makes my alternator a better unit.

Lets look at the DC Pricing to compare it to mine.

it looks like this basic unit is 625 after shipping from them.

dc%20power%201_zpstudo4oru.png

it looks like this basic unit is 625 after shipping from them.

now lets look at the specs. We see that it is rated cold. and it is rated at 250 HOT. exactly the same as usalternators.

dc%20power%202_zps5bw3j9xt.png

we also use 12 70A High voltage diodes instead of 45 amp low voltage diodes.

and youll notice our through bolts to hold the unit together come in from the front and screw into the back. All other competitors through bolts come in from the back and screw into the front.

also although my case looks stock its actually custom made to push air in through front and through rotor and out the back to cool regulator. notice how my through bolts come from front . all other unit come in through rear first

here are a few videos of what we have so far. I know you guys like head to head comparison, and those videos will be coming. In the mean time this is what we have! Not many companies show off the internals. Why? because they probably dont look as pretty after they have been used before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_MQv0Kag0o

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.